Recent content by Iloved3

  1. I

    TKR The Recovery Journey Begins: Second TKR

    I have noticed the ice does feel colder than it used to feel and the ice lasts longer, I supposed because the heat in my knees is gone. Thx for the observations!
  2. I

    TKR The Recovery Journey Begins: Second TKR

    I have not posted in a long time. I am now at 9 months on my LTKR and 6 months on my RTKR. My incisions are well healed, extension is zero degrees in both knees and flexion is 130 degrees in both knees. I have no real pain, only occasional zingers. I am able to walk well and still working on...
  3. I

    TKR The Recovery Journey Begins: Second TKR

    So glad to not be alone @gertie. Sounds like we are in the same boat and that is reassuring! I guess we just need more patience. You would think we would be experts at being patient by now, wouldn't you? Hang in there!!!!!!
  4. I

    TKR The Recovery Journey Begins: Second TKR

    I have not posted in quite a while. I am now 7 months out on my LTKR and four months out on my RTKR. Both knees measure at 0/130 degrees. I am scheduled to see my surgeon February 1 and I am sure he will be pleased! I am still experiencing that tight ace bandage feeling, pretty much equally in...
  5. I

    TKR The Recovery Journey Begins: Second TKR

    I talked to my surgeon's nurse and she said the hip x-ray they did before my RTKR showed no arthritis (thank God!) so my pain is either bursitis or soft tissue injury, probably due to it having to adjust to the new knee. If it is the latter, it should clear up as I heal more. She told me to...
  6. I

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    It is wonderful that you re doing so well! I had my RTKR September 27 and I can walk a mile, but certainly not 3 miles! But I will get there!!!
  7. I

    TKR The Knees and Me - staged

    Hey there, @rubyyarn . I have not posted for a while. You and I are twins in the knee business (LTKR June 14, RTKR September 27). My pain is much diminished. I do have pain when working hard on my right knee, but it is at 0 degrees and 124 degrees now. The stiffness is still very annoying and...
  8. I

    TKR The Recovery Journey Begins: Second TKR

    Well I am 10 weeks out now from knee #2 (and almost 6 months out on #1). I am at 120/0 degrees. Still lots of the ace bandage tightness in both knees but very little actual pain. I have developed pain in the hip of my second TKR. It has been a recurrent problem off and on for years. Doing heel...
  9. I

    TKR The Recovery Journey Begins: Second TKR

    You are absolutely right, @SusieShoes . I am so glad to not be at an earlier stage, and even better, not looking forward to another surgery! At this point before I was just starting to feel better and starting to dread knee #2! Thank God I only have two knees!!!!! :) :-) (: Thanksgiving was...
  10. I

    TKR The Recovery Journey Begins: Second TKR

    Thanks for your support, @rubyyarn ! So nice to know others go through this too! I have not attempted any steep ups or downs yet. Much too afraid of falling! It sounds like you are doing great. How is your bend? My first knee was quick but this one is taking its time!!! Does your first knee...
  11. I

    TKR The Recovery Journey Begins: Second TKR

    Well I am now going on 9 weeks since my second TKR and over 5 months out on my first TKR. I am at 0 extension and 117 degrees flexion. :yes: I am walking without a cane, except for my long walks. I am waking a mile 3-4 days a week and riding my exercise bike for ten minutes 3-4 days a week...
  12. I

    TKR The Recovery Journey Begins: Second TKR

    Saw my surgeon today! NO MORE COMPRESSION HOSE! :loveshwr: I am released to drive and he said everything is looking great! See him again in 10 weeks. He approved using heat to relax my muscles before walking and using my bike and icing afterwards! I am one happy camper!!!!:yes!:
  13. I

    Bilateral TKR Kayaknlady's new knees

    I am at 6 weeks and my doctor just released me to drive today! Very exciting! Glad you are doing so well!!!!
  14. I

    TKR My recovery thread

    I saw a big change at week 4-5 and started forgetting to take my pain meds/sleeping through them. I am now at 6 weeks and using only Tylenol. Remember that everyone is different and, as I found out, even my own two knees were different! Just let your knee lead the way. The energy drain will...
  15. I

    TKR The Recovery Journey Begins: Second TKR

    I am heating my knee before exercise and I am not having any bad results. My bend progressed to 112 degrees today and I am not having pain or swelling. My PT thought the heat was a good idea before exercise. He agreed I should ice after. I see my surgeon tomorrow and I will talk to him about it.
Back
Top Bottom