Recent content by houndmom

  1. houndmom

    Bilateral THR Houndmom's THR Recovery Thread

    I've had 3 PT sessions, they seem to be helping flexibility, for me a big thing. I have my blood drawn weekly to check clotting levels due to warfarin. The last 4 times I have had the same tech do the draw and boy she loves her script. I understand the double checking the identity, important...
  2. houndmom

    Bilateral THR Grateful Double Hippy

    Wow my PT has me working of listing less. My abductors hurts.
  3. houndmom

    Bilateral THR Houndmom's THR Recovery Thread

    Tank keeps trying to rub his face on my hips, and thinks I walk sooooo slooooooow. Before I was just soo sloow.
  4. houndmom

    Bilateral THR Houndmom's THR Recovery Thread

    Retired racing greyhound. AMF Tankfullagas. He is a huge dork. We call him Tank, Tanki, Tankster, Tanker, Tankanator, and Dude-you-are-in-the-way. I may be in a little more pain now, but I am way more flexible than I was (just not as flexible as a normal person).
  5. houndmom

    Bilateral THR Houndmom's THR Recovery Thread

    I came to hip replacement from a different place than many here. I had a hip fusion when I was 12 (38 years ago for those at home), so some muscles on my left leg were literally not moving much. Consequently, the left leg doesn't have the same range of motion (can't even hit 90 degrees yet) or...
  6. houndmom

    Bilateral THR Houndmom's THR Recovery Thread

    6-ish weeks yesterday. Cleared of restrictions (I may do all kinds of stuff I can't actually do at this time) I start PT tomorrow mostly for gait issues.
  7. houndmom

    Bilateral THR Houndmom's THR Recovery Thread

    Discomfort, not pain. I hate it.
  8. houndmom

    Bilateral THR Houndmom's THR Recovery Thread

    No my sciatic nerve was tangled in some pre-existing scar tissue and was traumatized during surgery. I can't pull the foot up and I assumed the pins and needles were attached to that.
  9. houndmom

    Bilateral THR Houndmom's THR Recovery Thread

    I doubt the blood clot has cleared but I am unlikely to form new one with the warfarin I am on. I get another blood draw on Monday, yah. Left leg is still numb/pins and needley, and I have an appointment to see a neurologist at the end of the month. Kids are out of school so I have a...
  10. houndmom

    Bilateral THR Houndmom's THR Recovery Thread

    The back of the thighs are just achey. I can sit on my butt or lie and my back and nothing else and it is just sore and achey. I swear, I hit a wall every evening at 5:00.
  11. houndmom

    Bilateral THR Houndmom's THR Recovery Thread

    Yesterday I found a doctor to manage the blood thinners. Today I went out and got a shoe to go over the ugly ugly brace. NOw I need painkillers.
  12. houndmom

    Bilateral THR Houndmom's THR Recovery Thread

    And I have a blood clot in the stupid left leg, so now I am on better blood thinner. evert step forward seems to lead to a massive detour.
  13. houndmom

    Bilateral THR Houndmom's THR Recovery Thread

    char;ie horse in nerve traumaed calf help.
  14. houndmom

    Bilateral acetabular protrusion

    so what has happened?
Back
Top Bottom