Recent content by horsecrazy

  1. horsecrazy

    THR Horsecrazy on the other side 9:am July 19th

    Hi Meggzie I'm doing great and had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday! I was going to write a post this weekend to tell you that I had my 4-months post op surgery apt. on Wed and he said I was doing great. X-rays looked great, I am finally in no pain and don't limp, etc etc...........:spin...
  2. horsecrazy

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Meggzie BOY those were fun posts to read and the picture said it all!!!!! I am so happy for you and your lovely pony. You will be flying cross country in now time--and with no pain, as long as you say mounted of course :loll: I look so forward to your next head-cam video! I also hope...
  3. horsecrazy

    THR Horsecrazy on the other side 9:am July 19th

    Hi Meggzie I am happy to report I am doing better and took my first ride yesterday on Earnie!!!!!! I'm back to doing w/t/c----the entire shooting match!!!!!! And it feels great. As promised here is my first ride pic with thumbs up :) I hope you are doing well too---give me a report when...
  4. horsecrazy

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Meggzie, Yes, Christine is always my crash test dummy:heehee: The deal with Earnie is, he is good (spooky but not crazy) at home, but he gets totally nuts off property if he can't see one of his buddies. He never had an owner before me at age 9, and he has not learned to bond with people and...
  5. horsecrazy

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Meggzie, I'm so thrilled to hear about your lack of limp!!!!!!! :yay::happydance: Bev
  6. horsecrazy

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Meggzie, The trip with my friends to the show was fun fun, but also a bit crazy. Earnie was a total nut job! :hairpulling: He tired, 4 times during one test, to buck my friend Christine off! You can watch at the below link if you want: So, I've got some work to do once I get back in the...
  7. horsecrazy

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Meggzie reading that literally made my eyes water.............I am SO SO happy for you!!!! I have no words other than THANK GOODNESS! We are off for our big girls showing weekend and then guess what, next week I plan on getting on and riding (walk and posting trot only)..............I'll...
  8. horsecrazy

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    hi Meggzie, I'm in a 2ish month holding pattern to see if my groin pain resolves. So far it does seem slightly improved, but I still have to take meds to walk without pain. I do plan to ride again (just walk at first) in Oct and I'll see how that goes? Earnie is going great with my trainer...
  9. horsecrazy

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Meggzie I can beat the crocheting -- I actually did a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle during my early rehab :heehee: Glad you are having good luck with all things rehab related!
  10. horsecrazy

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Meggzie that is a great story about Johnnie! :goodpost: Well, back to hip talk. I saw my doc for my first PO visit (will be 6 weeks Friday). I still have pretty significant groin pain (just when doing certain things/movements). He reminded me that because I'm not the "typical" THR patient...
  11. horsecrazy

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Meggzie, WOW I woke up to the best morning surprise ever---what fun watching you and your VERY VERY good boy go XC! You are my hero! Your boy obviously loves this sport, his little ears are pricked forward almost the entire ride :happydance: I was not quite as nervous watching your ride as...
  12. horsecrazy

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Meggzie I'll bet now that you can't ride, doing even "boring dressage" sounds blissful :heehee: Yes, going out to watch a friend's lesson is wonderful--and is EXACTLY what I am going to do this afternoon! So we are "watching buddies". I started Earnie on Pentosan and we will see how it...
  13. horsecrazy

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Meggzie, it is so much fun reading posts when people are in medication happy land! Glad you are in such a good place mentally and physically! Thanks for the horse talk :flwrysmile: Sweet dreams and looking forward to another recovery day for both of us tomorrow!
  14. horsecrazy

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Meggzie WOW, sounds like you made it through with flying colors, as would be expected of an event rider :yay: I'm glad you are home and now really really on your way to full recovery. Once the twelve weeks are up you are good for years and years of riding! Thanks for asking about my...
  15. horsecrazy

    Hip Arthroscopy Is there life after THR & Arthroscopy? You Betcha!!

    Meggzie I've thought about you often today and hope to hear good news as soon as you are able to type!
Back
Top Bottom