THR Horsecrazy on the other side 9:am July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi horsecrazy Just swung by to see how you are doing. Is the lovely Earnie looking after you?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
 
Hi Meggzie I'm doing great and had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday! I was going to write a post this weekend to tell you that I had my 4-months post op surgery apt. on Wed and he said I was doing great.
X-rays looked great, I am finally in no pain and don't limp, etc etc...........:spin: So, I don't have to see him again for 2 years for a check-up. I can also tell you happily that I have no pain riding now :yay:
The only tiny thing remaining is that I do still rock a bit when I walk (I don't notice it, but others have said I do). So I asked my Doc when this will go away and he said it takes about a full year for the brain to readjust when they change leg length, so I'll slowly stop rocking over the next few months and all will be well!!! Provided that Earnie continues to take care of me :bow:

So how are you and your pony!?!?! Continuing to do well I hope :ok: Drop me and Earnie a line when you can!
Have you done any little jumps yet??? Cross rails??? :)
 
Hi Bev! horsecrazy That all sounds fantastic! And to have your surgeon cut you away at the four month mark is brilliant! I just ticked over to 6 months for the THR three days ago, and three months for the arthroscopy a week before that. I have one more appointment in two weeks - he wanted to see me after a few weeks of riding to see how I'm coping. I'm pretty confident he wont want to see me again for a couple of years after that one.:happydance:

I have been doing a LOT of riding since the doc said I could! I've been keeping a bit of a running commentary going over on my thread, so I wont clog yours up now - but yes, I have had a little jump - just a couple and up to 80cm...NO PAIN! And we've been out for a couple of really good gallop sessions too - my balance point has moved a bit, so that took some getting used to. Johnnie is, as ever, an angel who just adjusts to me. Although I'm sure I still catch him rolling his eyes and thinking " what an amateur!" when I get on :rofsign:

I am counting my blessings daily! We are indeed fortunate to have our bodies back - better than new!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom