Recent content by Hoppy Nanny

  1. Hoppy Nanny

    TKR Unwanted... But much Kneedead TKR

    Hi there @Sara61 I’m doing fine… thanks for asking … hips & knee all behaving perfectly… so good! I’m sorry to hear you are having knee number two play up & demanding attention…. but, you know that once it’s done… you’ve gone through the bad bits then you can then get on with your life again…...
  2. Hoppy Nanny

    TKR Post-op muscle spasms

    I used to call these spasms zingers as they swept through my knee after the op…. these don’t last too long it’s the muscles & bits (technical term) wakening up…. As for sleeping…it’s a bit hit & miss for the first couple of weeks…. I found trying to relax and not worry about going to sleep but...
  3. Hoppy Nanny

    THR Debbie’s New Right Hip

    Hi Debbie @Dmcfad2 So glad you have found this hip better than your first replacement & at 5 months out doing well. The numbness & soreness I found went on for 6 months plus…so hopefully it will go soon!!! Hopefully your knee is just adjusting to your new ‘proper gait’ & will settle down...
  4. Hoppy Nanny

    THR Debbie’s New Right Hip

    Hello there Debbie @Dmcfad2 Just saw that you have gone & done hip no 2... so glad you are doing well this time around....it sounds like your head is in the right space ... and that really matters.... Every day will bring less pain & discomfort.... I found paracetamol during the day & adding...
  5. Hoppy Nanny

    TKR Unwanted... But much Kneedead TKR

    Hi there @Sara61 So lovely to hear from you....thanks so much for thinking of me.... .I’m doing very well ... replacements on hips & knee doing amazing... I forget I’ve had them done now.... which is just unreal... My own other knee plays up from time to time... but ok at the moment... I’m...
  6. Hoppy Nanny

    THR sandiegomom in recovery

    Jeez @sandiegomom ..... no wonder you are tired! Only 4 weeks out..& 3 kids at home. ..You say you don’t use a cane but that you have swelling & pain & limp at the end of the day...... you need to be resting more with your feet up... perhaps you need a cane for a little support ... may stop...
  7. Hoppy Nanny

    TKR Unwanted... But much Kneedead TKR

    Thanks @Mojo333 Lovely to hear from you. Hoping to stay away from replacement no 4 but who knows. Hope you are well & covid is not disrupting your life too much. Much love & thanks for all your invaluable support... love Chrissie xx
  8. Hoppy Nanny

    TKR Unwanted... But much Kneedead TKR

    Hello there! It’s my Knees First birthday & I couldn’t be happier with it! I forget i’ve had it replaced now. The two replaced hips are fabulous too....it’s been a fabulous 6 months despite the pandemic... having no pain whatsoever ... & then this Friday I was out to dinner & my other knee...
  9. Hoppy Nanny

    TKR One Year Post Surgery

    Congrats @Sara61 Happy birthday to that fabulous knee.... have to agree they are marvellous!!! Take care. chrissie xx
  10. Hoppy Nanny

    TKR One Year Post Surgery

    Great news @Sara61 So glad you are feeling all the benefits from that TKR.... I’m in much the same position... even forgetting that my hip & knee were done last year!!! Hoping the pandemic is not hindering you too much... it’s a strange new world, isn’t it??? much love Chrissie x
  11. Hoppy Nanny

    Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

    Hi Sarah @Fit4Family Just wondering how you are getting on... hoping you are still improving. Hoping the pandemic has not held you back too much... thinking of you.. love Chrissie xxx
  12. Hoppy Nanny

    TKR JennyLynne’s Next Chapter

    Glad that you got some good sleep in @JennyLynne ... it so makes everything more bearable, for sure. I remember you talking about your son when you had your hips done... glad you are getting some good education too. I’ve had zingers with all my surgeries... some worse than others... just the...
  13. Hoppy Nanny

    TKR JennyLynne’s Next Chapter

    @JennyLynne Glad you are home & hope you get comfy for a good sleep... I turn my back for a mo & you are back having surgery on a knee:thud: Remember you & your hips...you were such a trouper... sorry you are going through it again... these bodies of ours Wow! Straight in/out as day...
  14. Hoppy Nanny

    THR Discomfort when going from sitting to standing

    Hi there, Yes this stuttering does go on for quite some time.... however, one day it will stop & you will forget it... I found using one crutch when I got up to walk helped get back to walking correctly straight away ...just a little support! Dont worry .. it’s quite normal ... I had it with...
  15. Hoppy Nanny

    THR THR

    Woo hoo not long now until your new hip! Have to say that I didn’t have a walker for either of my new hips... just crutches from day one...maybe that might help with your issues of space? It’s amazing how we all worry about stairs but they will show you how before you leave & it’s much...
Back
Top Bottom