Recent content by Holiday

  1. H

    THR Total hip replacement

    Hi kitterkiddo. Thank you for your reply. Could I ask if the heel lift has helped you? I’m not sure if I should wait until my 6 week check before I use one. Thank you for your good wishes.
  2. H

    THR Total hip replacement

    Hello. I had a total left hip replacement 7 days ago. I think I’m doing ok, but like others feel like I’m sitting in a brick, it’s not painful just weird. Leg length difference feels strange too. When I stand up straight I feel like I can feel the implant. I’m walking 30 mins a day and doing...
  3. H

    THR Ocean’s second hip recovery

    Oh how great that your backache is easing and you have corrected your foot. So pleased for you. X
  4. H

    THR Ocean’s second hip recovery

    Hi Ocean, Sorry I replied earlier but hadn’t read to the end of your feed so I’ve deleted and re posting. What a journey you have had, and well done for your recovery and you had two hip replacements quite close together. I know you’re having niggles and they are very frustrating but you’re...
  5. H

    THR Ocean’s second hip recovery

    Hi Ocean, You sound like you are doing amazing. Taking things slowly definitely is the way to go. I was interested to hear that your physiotherapist mentioned about your foot turning inwards. This has happened since my surgery 6 months ago and yes I have excrutiating lower back ache. I’m...
  6. H

    THR Replacement hip confusion

    Thank you Ladies. I’m sticking with the programme. I’m still limping but just hope for the best. Xx
  7. H

    THR Replacement hip confusion

    Hi Layla. I’ve had my appointment with the Consultant also the new physiotherapist. Basically there is a lot of scar tissue there which he said I have to massage and stretch out. He said the implant is a couple of mm high but ok, but combined with the 1 cm leg length different is going to take...
  8. H

    THR Replacement hip confusion

    Hi Layla. Thank you for checking in on me. I’m not doing great. I still have excrutiating back ache when I walk. I think this is due to my upper body being twisted because of walking really strangely before my surgery due to bone on bone pain. I have bursitis in both hips. I can’t take anti...
  9. H

    THR New Here- THR 8/22/22- Muscle Atrophy (maybe)

    Hello sweetV Firstly congratulations on your surgery. I’m 13 weeks post total right hip surgery. This is a great site for help and reassurance. You had a tough time before your surgery as did I. I was walking with two canes for about 2 months. It is upsetting when ‘people’ tell you you will...
  10. H

    THR Replacement hip confusion

    Hi Layla. I’m back home now, and unfortunately I’m really in pain. The pain is all around my hip joint which is really worrying me. I don’t think it’s dislocated as I think the pain would be much worse. I haven’t done anything that I shouldn’t. The pain in my back is horrendous. I keep being...
  11. H

    THR Replacement hip confusion

    Dear all, sorry I don’t know how I should start a new thread, but I’m having major problems and wanted to ask advice. I’m 12 weeks into THR and have been suffering from lower back pain. I have been reassured that it will resolve. It hasn’t resolved even though I doing strengthening exercises...
  12. H

    THR Strange bubble swelling

    Hi Movnalong I have a bubble at the bottom of my scar and a dip in the middle. I asked the surgeon if the bubble will go and he said it would. He said it’s because the fat underneath is hard to distribute evenly during surgery. I’m 12 weeks in posterior hip replacement and I have to say it’s...
  13. H

    THR Weird sensations and feeling of instability at times

    Oh ok, thank you. I’ll have a look and see what I think. Regrds Gill Sorry I can’t find the side bar adds. Please could you help? I’m not very tech savvy
  14. H

    THR Replacement hip confusion

    Hi Klassy. Thank you for your reply. Yes I’m not worried about the stairs, I will be patient. That’s interesting that your lain went when you stopped overdoing it. Maybe I am doing the same. Everyone is different I know. Maybe I’ll calm down with the exercises just for a couple of days to see if...
  15. H

    THR Replacement hip confusion

    Hi dnordo220 Oh you poor think Having to cope with dislocation. I can’t even imagine. I’ve tried lots of exercises and sometimes they work to ease back pain, sometimes they don’t. I’m 10 weeks now, but my hip still isn’t strong enough to go foot over foot upstairs. I need more strength and...
Back
Top Bottom