Recent content by Hipster Girl

  1. Hipster Girl

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    Hi @CricketHip sorry to hear that news but the good thing is that next time you will know the drill, know what to expect, understand the precautions, the timeframe, all of it, so I think you will be in a really good place for the next one. And there are many of us on here that have had both done...
  2. Hipster Girl

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    :wowspring:Hard to believe it's been a year already! The recovery time seemed to go by so slowly but yet the year went by so fast, go figure. But when I think back to where we were a year ago, I marvel that this surgery has indeed given us our lives back and couldn't be more thankful...
  3. Hipster Girl

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    Hi @CricketHip this is good news. I'm so glad it wasn't more serious. The non slip mats are a great idea. When I had new flooring installed a few years ago, I was very cognizent of the COF rating (Coefficient of Friction) when I selected my tile. It rates how slippery a particular tile is. The...
  4. Hipster Girl

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    So glad to hear you are feeling so much better @CricketHip and I hope it continues to get better every day. Do try to take it easy and please keep us posted on what the doctor says tomorrow. (((hugs)))
  5. Hipster Girl

    THR My Big THR Recovery-Crickethip

    Oh my gosh @CricketHip that was quite a scare I bet! I am so glad to hear it was not dislocated, whew~ Good to hear you are able to rest it and that it is feeling better today. Please do keep us posted
  6. Hipster Girl

    THR Hipster Girl Recovery Thread

    Thanks Krista! I hope when my alarm goes off tomorrow, I remember I have to go to work - I don't want to be at the gym at 9:30 and remember oops, I forgot I had somewhere else to be! :snork:
  7. Hipster Girl

    THR Hipster Girl Recovery Thread

    @Readysetgo, thank you so much for thinking of me and the warm wishes for tomorrow! I did some more shopping the past few days at Marshall's, Ross, and Kohl's and spent way more than I should have but now I feel like I have a nice variety of casual clothes that still look appropriate for the...
  8. Hipster Girl

    THR Done, Dusted & Determined!

    :wave:@Nana2-8 just now getting caught up on your recovery thread and happy to hear you are doing so well! There was a trick that one of the techs used in rehab with the TED hose by using a plastic bag to put them on but I can't for the life of me remember exactly how it was done. I agree with...
  9. Hipster Girl

    THR Hipster Girl Recovery Thread

    Aww thank you @Nana2-8 - I sure you hope you're right! I will post an update to let everyone know how it's going but it might not be for a few days since I will be adjusting to my new full-time schedule and am probably going to be exhausted and mentally drained the first few days from the nerves...
  10. Hipster Girl

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 I couldn't remember when your trip was - I thought it was last week for some reason but now I see you are just now getting ready to go and all the fun still awaits you, woo hoo!! Prayers for a fabulous and rejuvenating trip full of fun and laughter! :flwrysmile::friends:
  11. Hipster Girl

    THR Hipster Girl Recovery Thread

    1% sounds about right. I seriously don't see how anyone can fit in those things. :gaah:
  12. Hipster Girl

    THR Hipster Girl Recovery Thread

    :roseshwr:@Cynthia777 and @DeepBreath and @Hip Hip Hooray! :wave: I think it's just the fear of the unknown getting to me. We are creatures of habit and I take great comfort in a routine and familiar surroundings with familiar peeps. :cool: You guys are so awesome with all your support and...
  13. Hipster Girl

    THR Hipster Girl Recovery Thread

    :wave:@Cynthia777 great to see you Friend! :loveshwr: I am having such a good time just doing whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it. :) I'm going to the gym every day, doing some shopping, having lunch with friends, going to the Singles Group at church, and I also have been continuing...
  14. Hipster Girl

    Bilateral THR Aug.18 - a success!

    @Hip Hip Hooray! I think you are right. It's good that you are listening to your body and not forcing anything. @pipster2 I make sure I'm sitting when putting pants on but I still have some trouble with my right side. Same with tying my shoes. I think I waited too long to have surgery and...
  15. Hipster Girl

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    Hiya @Cynthia777 :wave: I just saw that you are now Forum Advisor! I'm not sure what that is exactly but it sounds important and now I can say I have friends in high places. :snork::loveshwr:
Back
Top Bottom