Recent content by hipalonghopalong

  1. H

    Surgery getting close starting to have anxiety.

    @craftdee I too rebounded well from previous surgeries (hysterectomy ) 12 yrs ago. My rebound from my THR was a bit slower but still fantastic considering! Here they keep you in the hospital for 48 hrs then send you home. I used one crutch and have a 2 story house. I found the stairs not to be...
  2. H

    Surgery getting close starting to have anxiety.

    @hzootz and @craftdee & @Me2 I was so anxious as well, 52 years old and managed the arthritic hip pain for yrs! Well let me tell you I am 3 months post op and I am golfing (9 holes) wearing heels ( oh my vanity) and danced on Friday night. I took a good six weeks to rest and recover with a lot...
  3. H

    Finally starting my journey

    @shabazz Sorry spelled it wrong the first reply. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. H

    Finally starting my journey

    @shabbaz Welcome and yes all those items on your "wish list" will happen. I had a TLH 3 months next week. Tonight I played my first 9 hole golf game in 2 years. I am a bit stiff but so would anyone who hasn't played in 2 years :). Give yourself time patience and steady as she goes attitude and...
  5. H

    THR Jean53's THR: Ups and Downs

    @Jean53 Don't be discouraged. Give your body the time it needs. I was thinking about it today as I am 8 weeks post op. which I changed to days ... 56 days post op.. that's not that many considering what you have been through.for you 49 days. I found when I went without my crutch I was sore too...
  6. H

    THR One month today

    @Jaycey I did not really start working from home until about 2 weeks ago because as you mentioned I was not able to concentrate. It took me awhile to give myself permission to relax rest & heal at my own pace. I also had to wrap my head around the fact that there are others that were capable of...
  7. H

    THR One month today

    Hello Hippies... I am 6 weeks post op and things are going so well. I walk about an hr a day and started physio last week. Today was my second appointment and from the wobble board to the bike things are really great. The leg length is getting much better( almost equal) and my weak sliced and...
  8. H

    THR One month today

    Thank you @bottomshollow I hadn't figured how to connect the threads appreciate the help. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. H

    THR One month today

    Thank you @MarkK for your response. I am going to start PT next week so that should definitely help. The home Pt exercises they sent me home with are enough to start with but certainly not enough to really get things going. I want to walk the block and dance in a month.. maybe a short game of golf??
  10. H

    THR One month today

    Hello Hippsters....I had my LTHR( ceramic) one month today. Recovery has been really good with a few minor issues. I have been walking without any aids really since week 2 with the exception of when I am at the cottage then I use a walking stick on the wonky trails, and I started driving short...
  11. H

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    Welcome @HippyHelen. I am 14 days post op no cane or walker and sometimes a crutch. Rest relax and happy healing. Ingrid Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. H

    #2 next week!

    Good luck @HydroTechNH on July 7 Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. H

    Spinal or put out? That is the question of the day...

    I had a epidural and sedation which includes an amnesia drug. I did hear a bit of the hammering but was right back out in seconds. My surgery started around 8:30 am About 50 mins later I was in recovery and by 11:00 am in my room. Later that afternoon I was up using the walker a few shuffles to...
  14. H

    Sacroiliac Joint?

    Sometimes the SI Joint is misaligned due to improper sitting ( for men sitting on a large wallet) can greatly affect this joint. Massage /chiro can help to relax the tight pelvic and lower back muscles while guiding the joint into better position. It is a sliding type of joint not a lot if...
  15. H

    THR 11 days post-op and doing ok

    Nice to hear @drahdrah I am two weeks post op and trying to stay ahead of the constant draining feeling. I do lots of stairs and my pup is my constant "hairy nurse". get my staples out tomorrow and that will help in the feeling normal stage again after a hot shower. Sent from my iPhone using...
Back
Top Bottom