Recent content by hgarcia

  1. hgarcia

    TKR Ironman makes it to other side

    @ironman60 I am so glad to hear your getting use to the slower pace and your body is getting time it needs to heal. The sinus thing may just have been a blessing from above to slow you down a bit and give that back and knee time to heal. I am jealous of your long hikes. Wish I was able to do...
  2. hgarcia

    TKR My Life on the Other Side

    @ConnieJOS It's nice to hear your therapy went great and your ROM is awesome too. I have had both my knees done now. My left in Feb 2014 and the right 9 weeks ago. I was told to sleep which ever way is comfortable for me. As it is, it is so difficult the first 3 week. I couldn't imagine having...
  3. hgarcia

    TKR A little concerned...

    It has been two months since I have been on here. I have been having a very hard time with my second tkr on my right knee. I was suppose to let a few kind bloggers know how I was doing, but I just didn't feel like it for the first 3 weeks or so. I am at 9 weeks now; I had my 2nd rtkr on on...
  4. hgarcia

    TKR Popping in to see if anyone else has fibromyalgia.

    jerseygirl-in-can thanks and I will get be back on after surgery, maybe Friday. .
  5. hgarcia

    TKR Popping in to see if anyone else has fibromyalgia.

    Two days away from my RTKR and it just can't get here fast enough for me. I dread every time I have to stand up because it hurts my knees so much. I am NOT looking forward to going through this again, but know there is no other way.
  6. hgarcia

    TKR Popping in to see if anyone else has fibromyalgia.

    Yes, this is the same problem I am dealing with. I am going to therapy to build the muscle in my left trk, but the Fibromyalgia hurts and make it so difficult to exercise. Also, having to contend with my right knee which is just at it's witts end, makes it hard to rehab my ltkr. I empathize with...
  7. hgarcia

    TKR Popping in to see if anyone else has fibromyalgia.

    I knew fish oil was great for cholesterol, but not inflamtation in the body. I was taking it a couple years back just a couple times a week. I will have to get some more and start taking it again. Also, maybe eat more fish! It is nice your getting rheumatolagist @busylizzie help. Make a huge...
  8. hgarcia

    TKR Popping in to see if anyone else has fibromyalgia.

    @hopefaith, @lovemynewknee? , @busylizzie , @cjf1222, @kneeper I really appreciate the suggestions from you all. It is so comforting to know that others know what I am going threw and feeling. I love to hear all "your" stories also. I am so scared that I won't be able to go back to work after...
  9. hgarcia

    TKR Popping in to see if anyone else has fibromyalgia.

    @tiredwife thank you for your friendliness. I will enjoy hearing from them. I was on here five months ago and got advise from advisors and the others when I had my ltkr. It is nice to have responses from others who are going through the same things you are. What a wonderful place to share.
  10. hgarcia

    TKR Popping in to see if anyone else has fibromyalgia.

    I haven't been on in a while. I pop in from time to time to read post and see how everyone is doing. I have been struggling with rehabilitating my left knee which I had a total replacement on exactly 5 months ago today. I am having tkr on my right knee next month on the 28th, which much needed...
  11. hgarcia

    TKR Ironman makes it to other side

    I hope you are okay since that fall. Be careful and take care of yourself friend...
  12. hgarcia

    TKR Ironman makes it to other side

    Welcome.... I woke up during surgery, but I only received a lower half and Anesthesia. I woke up and threw up about 3 or 4 times from the anesthesia and heard them sawing and hammering. They gave me more anesthesia I assume because I don't remember being wheeled out, just the recovery room. I...
  13. hgarcia

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    @71Beetle No, I am not using a cane anymore...for 2-3 weeks now. I am actually walking very well, it is just this limp. The doctor and PT both told me I am doing very well. I just expect more ... you know how that goes. I am over it though. It will happen when it happens. I have been taking the...
  14. hgarcia

    TKR New to the world of TKR

    @jbucks Sounds like you got the info you needed from your PT.... I was going to say that it sounds like you are doing a great job. Expecially since you are only at barely a month. Kind of reminds me of me. I have that same feeling of wanting to not be lazy, as you put it like a slug...lol. I...
  15. hgarcia

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    @71Beetle My recovery is going great. I couldn't be more grateful for that. I just get a little concerned with my limp and stiffness. With the support on this forum, I am convinced it will get better with time. Pain is not a big issue for me thankfully, although I do have it when I overdo. My...
Back
Top Bottom