Recent content by hbpeyton18

  1. hbpeyton18

    TKR Post op TKR at 40 years young!

    Thanks- I hope you are right. Just so frustrating because I was feeling so great. Now everything is sore, even though I've cut down on my activity level once I wasn't feeling great. I'm contemplating ramping it up again (more walking, back to hoping & step ups- nothing crazy) and seeing if...
  2. hbpeyton18

    TKR Post op TKR at 40 years young!

    Aww I did some agility in the past- so much fun! By sports I'm looking at volleyball. Have been really achy/muscle sore the past 2 weeks so I haven't started yet. Frustrating for sure. I'm 5 months out, not sure why I'm taking a step back at this point.. Grr. Left TKR 11/29/15
  3. hbpeyton18

    Knee Infection Hamstring tight

    Sorry you are having such trouble sleeping, it was one of my biggest struggles as well- the night pain. My scar was especially sensitive. Gabapentin (lyrica is similar but more expensive, at least for me) was a miracle drug for me. It took away the restlessness I'd feel, and really helped calm...
  4. hbpeyton18

    TKR Post op TKR at 40 years young!

    Thanks Pumpkin! We did bending every session as well, but it was nothing like the bending post ACLs. As you say, just hoping the freaking swelling goes down eventually. And the link took me to a "what to do before surgery" thread... I've been having trouble with the site lately (I access...
  5. hbpeyton18

    TKR Post op TKR at 40 years young!

    Hey all- It's been awhile- I had some issues with the app and then kind of lost track of time... Hope all are doing well in their recovery. I'm finally done with PT and am at nearly 5 months post op. Totally off meds (some Advil as needed). I've been pretty sore the last 2 weeks- but I was...
  6. hbpeyton18

    Bilateral TKR Bi lateral TKR 12/8/15 knee extension

    Hi Jbase, I burst into tears I'd say at least once a week?! I am at week 7 and have been an emotional roller coaster pretty much from the beginning. A lot of it has to do with pain meds, they tend to depress me. And as many have mentioned- your body has gone through so much! Hang in there...
  7. hbpeyton18

    TKR Post op TKR at 40 years young!

    Thanks! I will say the gabapentin seems to have taken that restless feeling away, and have slept much better this last week. Finally! I did try the Saran Wrap again, can't say that I've noticed much difference with that yet.. I'm also trying Surpass. It's a topical nsaid- we use it on horses...
  8. hbpeyton18

    TKR Three weeks post op, so glad I found this forum

    I second the gabapentin recommendation- was having terrible restless feelings at night and scar pain. Have been on the gabapentin (only 100mg, can go up to 300mg) for a week, and the difference has been very noticeable. Heather Left knee, 11/30 TKR
  9. hbpeyton18

    TKR Post op TKR at 40 years young!

    Haha- yay!!! I was glad to hear it though- have been so sore/stiff this week!! So reassuring that I hadn't broken it! Heather Left knee, 11/30 TKR
  10. hbpeyton18

    TKR Post op TKR at 40 years young!

    New pics.... Guess it looks good? I have no idea. Heather Left knee, 11/30 TKR
  11. hbpeyton18

    TKR Post op TKR at 40 years young!

    As an update starting week 6- I felt really good over the weekend. Was even tackling stairs like a normal person.. Going up anyway. Last night through today I was quite sore/achy. It's really (really, really!) cold.. So could be the weather.. I feel like I've sprained something? It's just like...
  12. hbpeyton18

    TKR Post op TKR at 40 years young!

    Thanks for the suggestions! Melatonin was going to be my next remedy.. I explained the hyper sensitivity that I'm feeling in my knee and the "restless" feeling and my PA put me on gabapentin, which treats nerve pain. Initially after surgery I was on Lyrica for 2 weeks (similar to gabapentin)...
  13. hbpeyton18

    TKR Im losing my confidence

    That's funny (the temperature thing). For the first 2-3 weeks I was having crazy hot flashes. Like "stick my head in the freezer" flashes.. And it's a little early for me for the big change! A good friend of mine had a BTK in August, and was having the chill issues. One of her Docs said that...
  14. hbpeyton18

    TKR Post op TKR at 40 years young!

    Oh its ambien^^. Yeah, for sure that will knock me out. Was hoping to find a less aggressive remedy... It fogs my brain! Heather Left knee, 11/30 TKR
  15. hbpeyton18

    TKR Post op TKR at 40 years young!

    Thanks for the link and info- will definitely look into this further.. Heather Left knee, 11/30 TKR
Back
Top Bottom