Recent content by hbacres

  1. hbacres

    PKR 4 months post TKR, 1 year post PKR

    Well, here I am at 4 months after my TKR and I am very pleased with the results. I still have a bit of pain on the back of my knee when doing a sort of kick my butt motion.. but that is slowly improving and for the most part that is the only pain that I still have. I have been going about my...
  2. hbacres

    PKR 4 months post TKR, 1 year post PKR

    @Jamie Yes, it helps when I rest. I saw my OS for my 3 month release appointment and he agreed that I was probably doing too much but as long as I rested and let my knee catch back up and feel better, before I forget and do it again, that I would be ok. He said that the problem comes when...
  3. hbacres

    TKR This is hard!

    I just want to chime in and say I agree with what everyone else has said. 5 weeks was the worst... I was depressed.. kept trying to drop my meds and kept trying to do too much. I have had problems with depression for a very long time and it got worse with the knee. I think it is the lack of...
  4. hbacres

    TKR Bionic LaxMom

    Great News! :yay:
  5. hbacres

    PKR 4 months post TKR, 1 year post PKR

    Well.. I am having a pretty significant set back. I am 11 weeks.... go in for my 12 week check up next week. I have been getting increasing amounts of pain where my quad comes in under my scar, pain on the lateral side of my knee, the back of my knee and down my calf. I have been...
  6. hbacres

    TKR 11/11/2014 - my recovery journal

    Great report! I was wondering how work was going.
  7. hbacres

    PKR 4 months post TKR, 1 year post PKR

    Thanks guys, I am pretty pleased with how this has all gone... now that I am out of the thick of it. @SuperSnapper I am very happy with my PKR, it has been feeling great. The other knee is what was holding me back all summer. The PKR is a little tender still from taking the brunt of work...
  8. hbacres

    TKR sleep oh elusive sleep!

    I am 10 weeks out and still struggling to sleep... I did better once I stopped taking the Tylenol PM and just took regular tylenol. I think if you are having pain at night you need to take your pain meds.. if I lay down and my knee is really achy, I just go ahead and take a half a pain pill...
  9. hbacres

    PKR 4 months post TKR, 1 year post PKR

    So, I am 10 weeks out from my total knee and I graduated out of PT today!!!! My ROM is 0 and 130. I still need to continue my exercises and I have some weakness pushing my leg back as in butt kicks. I have been over doing it a bit routinely ... for the past two days I have been climbing over...
  10. hbacres

    Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

    You can often find cryo cuff machines on ebay. Here is the page I brought up.. it has some of the gravity fill ones and some of the auto chill models. Might be worth looking in to...
  11. hbacres

    PKR 4 months post TKR, 1 year post PKR

    I thought I might graduate out of PT today... but I did not. I am having a weird pain behind my knee when the PT puts her hands there during bending.. she is not sure where it is coming from and she is only lightly touching me there. It also occurs when I do the butt kick type things, but it...
  12. hbacres

    PKR 4 months post TKR, 1 year post PKR

    It has been 8 weeks since my RTKR and one year since my LPKR. So, I thought I should update on both. My LPKR is doing awesome. We got off to a rocky start but now we get along just fine. I was held back over the summer by my right knee needing surgery, not by my partial replacement. I am...
  13. hbacres

    TKR I did it!!

    I am 7.5 weeks out and I was in with my mini horse today, unsupervised. But, he is not a typical mini...he is a very quiet boy. I am glad the weather is terrible so that I am not tempted to do more in the barn with the horse and goats. I will say.. with my first knee I thought I was ready to...
  14. hbacres

    PKR 4 months post TKR, 1 year post PKR

    Well.. just a guess here.. but I think that maybe 2 hours of ditch digging in the rain, ice, slush is not an approved physical therapy exercise.... but my barn was flooding and I am the only one home. I am thinking I will be paying for this for the next several days.... gonna finish up the...
  15. hbacres

    Blood thinners

    I had 30 days of warfarin.
Back
Top Bottom