PKR 4 months post TKR, 1 year post PKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hbacres funny I should view your thread today. I'm 12 weeks this week and have perhaps done a bit much this week too. So I'm resting and icing for the next few days to give my knee a chance to recover a bit. Useful post. Thanks. Good luck with your continuing recovery.
 
Well, here I am at 4 months after my TKR and I am very pleased with the results. I still have a bit of pain on the back of my knee when doing a sort of kick my butt motion.. but that is slowly improving and for the most part that is the only pain that I still have. I have been going about my life and have actually forgotten about the knee sometimes. But, as is the story of my life, I don't think things through all the time. Two days ago I decided to go for a walk down our very steep path to the creek, I have not been able to do this since last summer and I wanted to go out and enjoy our spring-like weather. So, I grabbed my doxy and his backpack carrier and we headed out on our lovely walk. We made it to the creek just fine and then headed back up the hill for home. My dog does not like to walk up the steep hill so I put him (18 pounds) in the dog backpack and started up the hill. I promptly tripped over a stick and landed on both knees. As I lay there, I realized that I did not have my cell phone and my husband was out of town... not well thought out. Well, I gathered myself together and checked my little dog, who was fine. Figured out both my new knees were still working and loaded up the dog and hiked up the hill. When I got home I grabbed my ice and sat on the couch. I have a good bit of swelling in both knees, but I think they will both survive even with this set back. Maybe... I learned my lesson time...I doubt it. But, what I think was great was that I felt that I could actually walk down to the creek and carry by dog back up the hill..... and it would have went just fine if it hadn't been for that stick.. and I did make it back home. This was all at just less than 4 months.. I can't wait to see my knees at a year!
 
What a great story! I am glad you are doing so well. Happy 4 months!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom