Recent content by gymrat1991

  1. gymrat1991

    THR Well the chicken crossed the road & is an eagle hatchling

    Welcome to the best side to be on! Congratulations on your new hip, and a welcomed pain free future!
  2. gymrat1991

    THR Designer girl has a shiny new hip!

    I see al of these posts about hospital food. I was rather pleased with the food at the hospital I was in. They bought in a menu and I actually had a choice from a few different things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was pleasantly surprised they served fruit with every meal. I enjoyed...
  3. gymrat1991

    To be continued....

    I am right there with ya on the learning how to walk. I walked with a severe limp for most of my young adult life.. I would say for at least 12 years or so! Believe me, it gets easier as the time passes.
  4. gymrat1991

    To be continued....

    Inimega, Just noticed that you are having surgery today! Good luck and I hope all goes well! Keep us posted when you feel up to it! :)
  5. gymrat1991

    To be continued....

    Set a timer around 30 minutes before you are suppose to take them... and take them on time! It is very important to stay ahead of the pain. No sense in waiting until you hurt to take them! I did it too and suffered needlessly.. Saying a little prayer, and hope your feel better soon! :console2:
  6. gymrat1991

    THR 24 days post op

    Hi all, Just a little update..Getting ready to go to PT, and plan on talking with them about progressing me a little! This is my third week and they have been doing the same thing over and over. It is getting easy, and I am getting bored. :gaah: I am doing the same thing at home, and feel...
  7. gymrat1991

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    Dear swimslikeafish, A little wine goes a long way! :cheers: So nice to hear that the pain is better.. And yes, please let me know how it all goes! Planning for a swim tomorrow, can't wait! Hope to hear from you soon!
  8. gymrat1991

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    swimslikeafish, I am walking a bit everyday, and plan to only walk the easy trails while I am there. I think the easiest one is about three miles, no hills! I would pack very light, just a small snack and water, and of course a first aid kit just in case! I don't plan on doing to much.. I now...
  9. gymrat1991

    THR 8 days post op, am I over doing things?

    Dear swimslikeafish, Like the name by the way! I want to congratulate you on your amazing progress, although I too, agree with everyone. Although we may feel like taking on the world in leaps and bounds like we are accustomed to, doesn't mean we should right away. I am 39 years old and have...
  10. gymrat1991

    THR 24 days post op

    Bottomshollo, thank you for your continuing support. I know the leaps and bounds will come eventually, for now I revel in the small accomplishments everyday! I have found a new talent- listening to my own body and what it is telling me. If I do something that causes pain, I back off, simple...
  11. gymrat1991

    THR 24 days post op

    Hi all, I want to give everyone bit of an update on my progress. I actually think I am having a good day, in which I hope is the beginning of a lot more good days to come. I feel very positive for a change, which is nice! I am now 33 days post op. I no longer walk with a cane, and since I...
  12. gymrat1991

    THR 24 days post op

    Stargirl, Thanks! I am now no longer on narc pain killers. I only use tylenol when I need it, and feel a lot more...let's say "alive" and less of a zombie! I still feel the need for a couple of muscle relaxers everyday since my pt has gotten a lot more difficult. They have added some weight...
  13. gymrat1991

    THR 24 days post op

    acbelmar, I agree with Jaycey! Leave the vaccuum alone for a bit. I have to say this has been an emotional roller coaster so far. I have my good days and bad! Although my good ones are coming more frequently now. I totally understand you on how you feel helpless. It is normal! Remember...
  14. gymrat1991

    THR 24 days post op

    Mbone, my TRHR was on January 16, 2013! Thanks to bottomshollo I figured out how to add my signature! All is well, still fighting the post op blues a bit! But other than that I am on the mend. :)
  15. gymrat1991

    THR Just had my hip replacement on Jan 14th.

    LuLu, I am just about where you ae now! I had my RTHR on January 16th. And I feel that no exercise should cause you real pain. Maybe a little more swelling and stiffness! Take it easy, go at your own pace, because we all heal differently! I went for a 20 min walk outside today and thought I...
Back
Top Bottom