Guest viewing is limited

THR 24 days post op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gymrat1991, greta to hear you are on the mend and I think acknowledging our feelings is the bets thing. Whne no one else can lift me out of my little hole and as Jaycey said - my impending 'one month slump' i log onto my Bonesmart friends and family who have been there through thick an dthin with me. I think part of dealing anytime with anxiety, depression or just the general blues is not feeling so isolated.

In addition information is truly power, and i think what our pt and OS need to acknowledge is that our aches and pains and mental slumps should not always have the quick fix of a 'pill' it seems anytime i so much as complain to my pt i am off to the nurse who may try to peddle a pill to me. In my own unique case one pill only needs to another and i have been called an 'idiot' by a rude, bitter fellow in patient at the pt for only taking panadol but at the end of the day everyone needs to mind their own business and get on with it how best it suits them individually.

It seems in my physio classes I am the only one firing on all mental pistons, allbeit with the niggling 2/3 pain but i woul drather be articulate, unconstipated and aware of what the medical staff around me are trying to engage me to do, sometimes prematurely so i can politely decline :)

Im 25 days post op today (but whos counting) :) and yes each days seems like two but if i am honest of course my pain is significantly less than pre op and whilst i have been on the cane for 2.5 weeks i am in no hurry to give it up prematurely if my gait is not corrected. I think it is imperative we try and get our daily dose of sunshine when we ar enot physically exhausted (which i still suffer from from nowehere i can go to sleep for 2 hrs!).

I am hanging for my follow up appt with the OS at 6 weeks but i dont think they want to know me before this, petrified of the additional questions i think :)

Anyways you sound like you are doing fabulous and i canno wait to witness the return to a free life for you as you continue to revel in the simple joys we all forgot long ago :) xxx
 
acbelmar, I agree with Jaycey! Leave the vaccuum alone for a bit. I have to say this has been an emotional roller coaster so far. I have my good days and bad! Although my good ones are coming more frequently now. I totally understand you on how you feel helpless. It is normal! Remember that you are not alone, we are all here for you. Remember that we have all been through this, and really still going through it! We can do it together! :friends:Take it easy, get plenty of rest and relaxation, you deserve it! And Jaycey, thanks for setting my mind at ease, about the feeling in my hip! It is good to know that it will eventually go away! :thankyou:
 
Stargirl, Thanks! I am now no longer on narc pain killers. I only use tylenol when I need it, and feel a lot more...let's say "alive" and less of a zombie! I still feel the need for a couple of muscle relaxers everyday since my pt has gotten a lot more difficult. They have added some weight on my ankle on my affected leg! That one pounder feels like 30! I agree that the days drag out forever, making time pass slowly and painfully. But as you said, looking forward to some normalcy! And cannot wait until we all make it to the finish line, and lead happy, healthy, fun, active lives! :dancy:
 
Hi all, I want to give everyone bit of an update on my progress. I actually think I am having a good day, in which I hope is the beginning of a lot more good days to come. I feel very positive for a change, which is nice! I am now 33 days post op. I no longer walk with a cane, and since I walked with a terrible limp for a good part of my adult life, I have to constantly remind myself how to walk correctly, which can be mentally exhausting. But very worth it! Now my "baby steps" are paying off! Next I will be tackling the world with leaps and bounds! A very hard lesson for me was to learn to take it slow, and revel in the small accomplishments, and not beat myself up to bad because of the set backs that I face daily. I cried for joy when I was able to vaccuum my whole house by myself.. I did it for the first time yesterday. I was very proud of myself! My short term goals are to up my swimming a little bit every week or so, to build my endurance. And try to be on my feet a little more everyday!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 24 days post op
No cane, working hard on no limping,----but watch out for those leaps and bounds!!! Keep the leaps short ones and the bounds small ones. Don't let yourself get too carried away because you are feeling so good---we don't want you reduced to tears because you overdid.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] 24 days post op
 
Bottomshollo, thank you for your continuing support. I know the leaps and bounds will come eventually, for now I revel in the small accomplishments everyday! I have found a new talent- listening to my own body and what it is telling me. If I do something that causes pain, I back off, simple as that! Doing to much is just not an option for me at this point, so I am very careful. Getting ready to go to PT now...hope all is well with everyone! :puppysmooze:
 
acbelmar, you're just a youngster :) . Your feelings are perfectly normal. Even at 3 months I occasionally get a bit teared up. Don't overdo, though, you need all rest and relaxation you can get.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 24 days post op
Smart thinking--listening to your body, backing off from pain, taking it slow and easy. Yes, ma'am, you will get there in your own time! GOOD FOR YOU!
 
Hi all,

Just a little update..Getting ready to go to PT, and plan on talking with them about progressing me a little! This is my third week and they have been doing the same thing over and over. It is getting easy, and I am getting bored. :gaah: I am doing the same thing at home, and feel like if they cannot show me something different, why continue to pay when I can do this myself? I have a general knowledge of exercise, being into fitness before my surgery. Is there any reason I cannot progress myself with the exercises given to me? I have access to all of the equipment at my gym that they have.. I don't want to quit to soon, and regret it later, but I also don't want to continue paying needlessly. I know some people only do pt when they go to their scheduled appointments, but I on the other hand do it daily. I have to admit that I take Sundays off for the most part, but do get in a swim, or a nice walk on that day as well. Anyone have any advice for me? :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom