Recent content by gullimac

  1. gullimac

    THR And so, I Begin Again

    So, I am just a few days past the 1 year anniversary of my first THR. Not sure if any of my hippie twins are stil around (@Cynthia777 ) because I have not been around in so long. HUGE life change for me from a year ago. Beyond thrilled to be where I am now. Hardly recognize the person I was...
  2. gullimac

    THR And so, I Begin Again

    Sorry that I disappeared for a long while. Coming up on my 1year anniversary from my first hip next month. Have remarked to several people that I can not even recognize the person I was a year ago. I was in a horrible place then. One odd thing here lately. I was sick (flu) in the last 2...
  3. gullimac

    THR And so, I Begin Again

    @Miss Muffet I am not entirely sure what is up next for me. My wife does well enough that we can afford for me to take some time to figure it out. Thinking I will take a year to stay home, get the kids where they need to go, set routine for homework and take care of the house. After that, I...
  4. gullimac

    THR And so, I Begin Again

    So last Friday I let my principal know that I was not coming back next year. It went about as expected. She said all the right things, but I am not sure I believe that she meant it. I focused mostly on the family reasons, but I did let her know that I was burned out and stressed out by the...
  5. gullimac

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    All those relatively small improvements you are noticing add up to a much happier you, don't they? Love the picture.
  6. gullimac

    THR And so, I Begin Again

    I was asked how I was feeling recently and I explained that I still get sore and stiff on occasion. Then I said, "the bad days are not near as bad as the bad old days used to be". That got a chuckle, but the aquaintence completely understood what I meant. Trying to keep in mind posture and...
  7. gullimac

    THR Tweetybrd's new hip!!

    Way to go @Tweetybrd ! Now on to the business of recovery.
  8. gullimac

    Tweetybrd's pre-op saga.

    Sorry to have been a bit AWOL as I return to work. So very exited for you as you head down the homestretch. So close now for you. See you soon on the other side!
  9. gullimac

    THR Typical Recovery Time

    I agree that every hip is different, even on the same person. I had my right hip replaced April 26th (9 months ago). I had my left hip replaced November 8th (almost 11 weeks ago). Every day I feel like I make progress. I am finally starting to feel like I can bend down and pick up things off...
  10. gullimac

    35, should I get my hips replaced now?

    @tom555 I am curious to bring the focus of this thread back to you. Where are you now on this process? We are all in different places in this process. For me I am 10 weeks post-op from my 2nd hip and 8 months from my 1st. I turned 44 in October.
  11. gullimac

    THR And so, I Begin Again

    Update after week 2 back at work: The thing I learned most during our winter weather episode last week was The thing that has scared me the most in the last year was not the two hip replacement surgeries, it was the possibility of slipping on ice and breaking my hip or damaging replacement...
  12. gullimac

    THR And so, I Begin Again

    Update after week 1 back at work: 43 hours worked. Tired of politely answering questions about how I feel and the difference after surgery. I knew I would have to jump back in to work with both feet and hit the ground running due to the time of year. Hosted a wrestling tournament today...
  13. gullimac

    THR And so, I Begin Again

    So long 2016! It has been a long and difficult year, but I am thankful for the 2 new hips I recieved this year. I hope all my Hippie Buddies have a great New Year!
  14. gullimac

    THR My new hip!

    Happy New Year @Sommers16 ! Thanks for the update and I am glad you are doing well. Don't be a stranger.
  15. gullimac

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    So glad to see you doing so well. Have a great New Year!
Back
Top Bottom