Recent content by Gretelin

  1. G

    THR My 5 month post op

    Hello,to all my bone family out here,especially my hippy pals. I'm glad to be back in this Forum. Since 2019. I would love to encourage everyone that's going to do a procedure, either knee or hip,not to be scare at all. Even though I canceled my surgery a couple of times, please don't be...
  2. G

    THR Scared of getting a hip replacement

    Fitness 123 I completely understand you. I got so horrified that I canceled, yes you got it, I cancelled my surgery. I was terrified. I had night sweats, palpitations till the point that I couldn't breathe. But girly I tell you, its not as bad as you think it is. My scheduled surgery was for...
  3. G

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    Hope you are well. It will take some time,for you to function as before. You are on your way to recovered. Try to go on youtube and they show you hood exercises to do after a total hip replacement. I also had my left hip done on Nov 5 2019. I have been loosing the weight I put after surgery and...
  4. G

    Revision THR one week post-op, 39 years old

    Hi, wow its great you are without pain. I thought I was the youngest person in this forum to have a THR at 49 yoa. How are you feeling now? Stay safe during these hard times. God Bless you.
  5. G

    THR 3 years post OP left THR issues

    @okiediver, I have tried something that may help you, it‘s helping me a bit, but I should do it more often. (I’m lazy) I got a treadmill and I strecth before going on it. I usually do it for 30 min. So stretch that groin area really well for 10 min. and then get on the treadmill for 30 mi, see...
  6. G

    THR 3 years post OP left THR issues

    @okiediver had the same issue on my left hip. I had surgery Nov 5, 2019 THR. Now I walk with little limp. I still can't lift the left leg to put my panties on. The groin area hurts me and it feels stiff.
  7. G

    THR My 5 month post op

    I feel great. Im not walking with a cructh or a cane. Little by little getting back on my feet. Im taking a boxing class everyday at 10am while we are facing these difficult times being home in quarantine. Of couse I cant do all the exercises,like burpees, push up etc. I cant bend down and go on...
  8. G

    THR Layla's Recovery

    hello my beautiful bone hippy family. Stay safe during this pandemic. Yesterday for the first time I took my fitcamp exercise session on line,I needed to sweat, I missed it. It wasnt easy,some of the exercises I had to alternate cause I couldnt go down so fast on the floor. Well, always here and...
  9. G

    THR My 5 month post op

    @Layla I take 3 tsp a dsy which is equivalent to 420mg/ day. So I think is the adequate dose.
  10. G

    MUA 8 weeks and still not sleeping. ☹️

    @Gatorchief69 Hello there I too cant sleep comfortable. Im on my 2 month and still having a hard time some nights. I tell you,what has helped me. I bought a wedge pillow and its super comfortable for my back. I dont sleep with that awful uncomfortable wedge between the legs I substituted it for...
  11. G

    THR Mitzi107 - January surgery question

    @Mitzi107. Hello Mitzi yes the class seems to be of great importance. There you can ask all questions that you need to. It was very helpful to me try to arrange it before your surgery,or you can also go on line.Well, I hope everything goes well and I know it will. Im still recuperating. I am 2...
  12. G

    THR My 5 month post op

    Its funny Layla I started this morning without knowing to take Magnesium with collagen.Thank you.
  13. G

    THR My 5 month post op

    Hello. Layla and my beautiful bone family. Today is my 2 month Anniversary and Im still having a little issue sleeping at night. I feel better of course no pain. Only when Im sitting for long then I get up slowly and I get this pain on my knee from the surgical leg. Im still do therapy . I use...
  14. G

    THR My 5 month post op

    yes, definitely Mojo Im getting some confidence and Im sleeping about 3 hours per night. Im still tossing in bed. I have a pillow between my legs. It feels so much better. Thanks so much for responding.
  15. G

    THR My 5 month post op

    Bonaventur, thank you and Merry Christmas to you too. My recovery is been slow. Im still using one forearm crutch. I get tiered when I walk a lot. Sleeping is s bit better but not 100%. I had to buy a wedge pillow to accomodate myself in bed. I didnt sleep yesterday. I tried to get as many naps...
Back
Top Bottom