Recent content by Great Aunt Janet

  1. Great Aunt Janet

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    Hi @Constanze - sounds like you are having my husband's typical holiday - he always catches something! Apologies for the weather (I am wearing gloahoves to tyupe) - very cold here this morning too, and you missed a heatwave back at home! I'm still taking the vit C I started pre-op, too scared...
  2. Great Aunt Janet

    THR August 24 and scared to death!!

    Hi @cmankin1 - you already made a good move joining this forum, it will help you get ready and through the pre-op period and mega prepared for afterwards. Being terrified is the commonest thing here! I cried all the way to theatre (not actual sobs you understand ;) but fat tears...) with all my...
  3. Great Aunt Janet

    Left hip needs done, have to settle CRPS first

    Lovely to hear about your new work happiness @Legin (and I'm sure the people you are helping are even happier) and the new-hope-new-hip-hopefully thread. As always, your words are very moving. Wishing you many smiles in the coming days.
  4. Great Aunt Janet

    Pain and more pain....help

    Sheesh, rotten story @topgun - your pain and its effects remind me of how I felt when I read @torment's thread when he was pre-op (we were 'done' on the same day just over 3 months ago) - both of you putting up with dreadful misery at such a young age. He even thought he wasn't quite bad enough...
  5. Great Aunt Janet

    THR Surprised and glad to have op!

    Just hopped on line before heading to work and saw your news @isolde. Horrible luck, but it sounds like you are getting the best treatment now, thank goodness. Fingers and everything else crossed for you!!! All the best, hope you can relax for the weekend. :console2:
  6. Great Aunt Janet

    THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

    Oh, I'm the worrier in our house and the nagger too. :) 38 years, eh @sunbunny? Must be all that giggling - WELL DONE!!! :roseshwr:
  7. Great Aunt Janet

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    Lovely news about your dog (naughty to frighten you like that!), extra treats for him tonight. Yes cold heading our way I believe - we have hardly had a winter at all really, so I think we need something to kill off the bugs. You keep on that bike, it is keeping you damn sharp now - so great to...
  8. Great Aunt Janet

    THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

    Is that a surfeit of passion @sunbunny? too much kissing? Ah, the joys of living with the opposite sex - and our comparative virtues, such a funny discussion on your thread above. All sounds so familiar - especially the driving tensions! However, knowing how, er, different they are - isn't it...
  9. Great Aunt Janet

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    Tough news about your old dog @Granny Di , I bet he was embarrassed... good on you for the energy and patience for a new puppy though, how lovely. Although I do get sore sometimes when I sit too long, too low or belt about a bit much - I keep thinking how much better it is than before the op -...
  10. Great Aunt Janet

    THR Rainbow Recovery for Great Aunt Janet

    Hiya ! Yes, quite right, I have been all fine (almost embarrassingly so!) and just had nothing new to report, hip wise. I did reach my 3 month point, and no restrictions this week, so am testing my not very flexible self to try and reach my toes. Which I can do but not enough to put polish on...
  11. Great Aunt Janet

    THR Nerve problems

    Oh @Legin - a hover mower, you brought a little dream alive! They are not really the go here in Australia, everyone seeming to prefer noisy, smelly, heavy things to chomp through the grass, and I would love the peace and quiet of an electric mower instead! We do have a big yard, but I'm sure I...
  12. Great Aunt Janet

    THR I made it to the other side!

    As well as things that make you move (prunes, laxatives, fruit etc), make sure you drink plenty of water every day too. Don't rush at the recovery - take it nice and easy on yourself, and you'll find things improve every day. My wound was quite tight, red around and swollen for the first week -...
  13. Great Aunt Janet

    THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

    Poo searches! Arrrrghh! Finding just one would ensure non-attendance for me, you are SO tolerant @sunbunny!!! With that pain - is it after doing more than usual? That is usually what causes any aches for me, not so much exercising, as nipping about thoughtlessly. Or maybe the pool chair was a...
  14. Great Aunt Janet

    Preparing for surgery

    A sock-putter-onner is a great thing to get (and cheap) if you don't have one already - I wished I'd found out about them years ago, as I really struggled with my sock pre-op too. Grabber and long shoe horn very useful too for independence. I think if your bed is already comfortable, it will...
  15. Great Aunt Janet

    THR Sunbunny's Rainbow

    Wow @sunbunny, you gave me a bit of a start there! Due to the marvellous differences in English language slang, your little sentence has a COMPLETELY different meaning in Australia - and UK I think - to what you were actually saying. I was worried I was reading about some unknown THR side...
Back
Top Bottom