Recent content by Gknee

  1. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    The swelling has gone down some. It still doesn't look right but my latest test says it is gone. I didn't have a culture done because It's based on where the needle hits. I have many false negatives that another culture was done a month later and found that it was still there. This was a test...
  2. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    WHOO WHOOO I'm cured! My infection is gone! I'm cured! YEA!!!!! Its taken one year and in that time I have had 4 surgeries, 22 days in the hospital, 1 MRI, more than a dozen xrays, 6 months in a full leg brace with crutches, 3 picc lines, 5 months of IV antibiotics, 6 different types of...
  3. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    I finally went to an allergist to find out about all my allergic reactions I have been having. Twenty-six vial of blood later my labs came back showing I have an ammune deficiency. Immunoglobulin G Subclass 1. He wants to start infusions to help me fight my knee infection because my body is...
  4. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    Well, I'm doing pretty much the same. I am totally out of antibiotics I'm allergic to every thing. My Drs are sending me on to UCLA for further treatment. I will let you know how that goes.
  5. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    Well, I am now allergic to EVERY antibiotic! :gaah: I have had four surgeries, 22 days in the hospital, Full leg brace and crutches for 6 months, three picc lines, allergic reactions to 6 types of antibiotics and their relatives, physical therapy.... My knee is still swollen and hot. It does...
  6. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    I have gone my whole life with no food or medical allergies. (I'm allergic to dust and pet dander.) 2 years ago I developed an allergy to Lidocane. This last summer when all this began I have developed allergies to every antibiotic I have been given. There was even one that in August I was not...
  7. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    OMG! I'm now allergic to another antibiotic! HIVES!!!! That makes 5 different types of antibiotics and all their relatives. I'm starting a new one on Monday. I'm waiting until Monday to make sure the last antibiotic and it's hives are gone. A nurse has to be with me because they are worried...
  8. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    5 weeks! Yea! Those of you who are or have been a teacher knows it is the busiest time of the year. We are having a staycation this year. I lost so much money with all my time off. I hopefully will get rid of this infection and I will be able to enjoy my 2 1/2 months off. That is definitely...
  9. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    Thank you all so much for the support. I'm a single mom and my boys who are adults and still living at home are so over all of this. It's no longer poor mom but just another day. I also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia so I am use to feeling like **** all day every day. With this...
  10. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    I have my picc line again. I'm now on Vankomyacin (sp?) Phew that is strong stuff. I hope this works. It is a long drip. The pharmacist said it was a 1 to a 1 1/2 hour drip. For me it is running just over 2 hours. If I run it any faster my heart starts to race, I feel super exhausted, and...
  11. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    Well, I'm off to the hospital to get another picc line. We are hoping that I won't become allergic to my next antibiotic. Gotta love those picc lines.
  12. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    OMG! I'm now allergic to another antibiotic. Why is my body doing this? That makes 4 different types of antibiotic and of course all its reletives that im allergic to. Its like my body doesnt want to get rid of this infection. 9 months, 4 sugeries, 2 picc lines, and 22 days in the hospital. I...
  13. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    I had my visit with my surgeon. She took x-rays and everything looks fine mechanically. I have been off on spring break this week and you can see that the swelling has gone down a small amount. Good sign. I don't know if that is my knee getting better or that I have been off my feet for a week...
  14. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    Okay, you won't believe this.... I'm allergic to another antibiotic!!! A few days after starting a new antibiotic because the last one I also was allergic to that one. Hives everywhere! Not only is my infection not going anywhere but now it seems that it is attacking any antibiotic that is sent...
  15. Gknee

    Knee Infection Revision Due to Infection

    Yes, I did I learned a lot. Thank you for the information. I have an appointment with my surgeon and ID doctor in the next few weeks. I'll see what the next step is. I'm just so ready for this to be over.
Back
Top Bottom