Luisa,
I know exactly what you are feeling. In 1994, I was in a car accident and suffered a severe concussion. My head took a major hit. A few weeks later, I had some light arcs and went to the eye doctor. He stated that with the head trauma, my vitreous in both eyes had separated from the...
That tank is great. I would love to have had that experience. At therapy earlier this week, the student working with my therapist told me that I had a window of opportunity in getting to the needed ROM. I was upset and knew that my surgeon had told me it is a process that can last months...
Luisa, thank you so much for your detailed response. It really helps. I had my last therapy yesterday and felt down after leaving. To be on one's own can be daunting. :shocked: I feel that joining the gym and pool use will help me continue my own therapy. Your description of the pool use...
Hi Luisa, you seem to be doing so well and back on track. Congrats on your new job!
I'm going to begin going to a YMCA that has a pool at 87 degrees. They offer aqua therapy classes during the day- I will try and get to a few before I go back to work on the 25th. After that, I will go in the...
Well, my last physical therapy session is on Friday. My ROM is still progressing very slow or not at all. The right leg has been 110 and 104 in the same week. My right leg is consistently 100.
I have joined a YMCA which has a pool with 87 degrees temperature and offers aqua therapy classes...
This past Monday, I hit the 8 week point- 2 months!! :dancy:
A few weeks ago, I had slipped in my progress, but this week I went forward again.
I am back to 100 ROM on both knees - by myself and 105 on both with some help.
As I've stated before, I am not as far ahead as most, but am happy with...
So sorry to hear of your sister-in-law's passing. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm glad your interview went well. It sounds like a great position. Good luck.
You are also doing well in knowing how to manage this recovery from the tear. The aqua therapy looks...
Thank you so much for your wise words. It hit the spot when I needed it.
I keep telling myself that 7 weeks is not long. I just need to be steady and continue on the road to recovery. It is a long and winding road (I hear the Beatles in my ear).lol In fact, I look forward to hearing the...
I'm now at home. I had lived with my sister and her family for the first 6 weeks due to the location of the outpatient therapy and the inability to drive. Once the doctor said it was okay to drive, I came home.
It is strange to have to get use to my bed again. lol It is so high- I feel like...
Today was my appointment with the surgeon (6 week check). He was very pleased with my progress and thought I was doing great. I am now more relaxed on getting continued progress with my ROM and not worrying that I am behind others at my point of recovery. I hit the 100 flex with both knees...
Tonight, I am a bit sore from this afternoon's pt session. I was happy with my ROM measurement:
R and L: 100 on my own and 105 with pt help. My extension is +1 on the left and + 2 on the right. I have been happy with the continued progress each week.
Next Monday is my 6 week point and on...
That is good news. I'm sure if you take it gently, you will be able to progress. You just have to adjust the idea of how you do PT and it will be fine. I'm sure your pt therapist will follow the directions.
I'll be anxious to see how you do.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.