Recent content by Foggymama

  1. Foggymama

    THR First night home

    Thank you Sissy:) my christmas was great, I hope yours was as well:) as far as work goes, im beginning to wonder if I'm over doing it. This week will be my 4th week back at work. At the end of last week I was really starting to feel some strain in my operated side. Not my hip, but my thigh...
  2. Foggymama

    THR First night home

    Just checking in on everyone to see how you all are doing:) As the holidays approach I wish you all happiness and joy. Hold your loved ones close, don't let a day go by that you don't tell the people you love that you love them <3
  3. Foggymama

    THR First night home

    Thank you so much Tammy <3 and how I would love to be closer to clean for you! It's not the most glorious job, but I take pride in what I do. Plus, I work with some amazing people! And a wonderful boss who held my job for me for the last two months. I couldn't ask for more. I feel very blessed...
  4. Foggymama

    THR First night home

    Plus it is the perfect time to return to work. I was worried how i was going to be able to pull of Christmas for my kiddos! No worries now:)
  5. Foggymama

    THR First night home

    I really did miss it! I clean houses for a living. It's hard work but I love it! Plus this time of year our clients are extremely appreciative:) my first day back I came home with $95 in tips and gift cards alone! I'm almost finished with school....I'm trying to save up the money to afford my...
  6. Foggymama

    THR Happy to be home with my brand new hip

    I am so glad to hear that you are home and doing well :) you will continue to be amazed at your recovery! I can totally relate to your fears of making wrong movements! I was constantly worried that I was going to do something wrong to injure my new hip. That feeling will slowly subside and you...
  7. Foggymama

    THR First night home

    So today was my first day back at work. I worked 4 hours and felt great at the end of my shift. It's now evening and i think my hip is letting me know that it was a little overworked. It's a little sore and warm....thinking some ice is in order:) I have tomorrow off and go back to work on...
  8. Foggymama

    THR First night home

    I had my 6 week post op visit today and I have great news! Dr said my hip looks like $100 mil! Lol. Even better, he said I can return to work on monday. I have no more restrictions, just have to continue listening to my body. Take it easy when I feel I need to and no jumping off of buildings:) I...
  9. Foggymama

    THR Groin Pain

    How frustrating! Is there any possibility of getting mo ed to a different surgeon/clinic? I would be raising hell if i were treated that way! There should always be someone available to answer your questions and concerns in a caring and timely matter. I wish I could come swoop you up and bring...
  10. Foggymama

    THR recommended...but not in pain

    Unfortunately my situation was a lot different than most people who need a THR. I had a broken hip unknowingly for a month before finding out it was so shattered that I had to have a replacement. I will say this though. I've heard you say that your limitations arent as bad as some of the...
  11. Foggymama

    THR Groin Pain

    Hi Pug! I am so sorry its taken me this long to respond! Thank you sissy for tagging me! First off, let me give my condolences for the recent loss of your mom. That in itself is enough of an emotional toll let alone this surgery on top of that! I pray that you find comfort in your grief. Many...
  12. Foggymama

    THR Waking up to the other side!

    Tammy, I am so sorry you have to deal with those restrictions! Is it because you have a non-cemented? I don't understand why surgeons would use that method if cemented is an option.....but anyhow, yes! What are everyones plans for Thanksgiving? We are having everyone over at our house. The kids...
  13. Foggymama

    THR First night home

    I just realized I'm only 3 weeks post-op, not 4 :/ obviously I have lost total track of time!
  14. Foggymama

    THR First night home

    You should be happy! You are doing amazingly well! Pain management for me has not been the best experience. The whole time my hip was broken the Drs wouldn't do anything for the pain........and now that I have very minimal pain they send me home with percocet. I think I could probably survive...
Back
Top Bottom