Recent content by flamingoprint

  1. F

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    I’m just no where near where I was pre op either, and I’m just hoping I’m continuing to improve, bc I really don’t have anything to gage it with. I've come to the conclusion that it's a case of a) some energy is still being taken up with healing and also b) that the muscles, tendons etc are...
  2. F

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    Hi msart!!! So sorry I missed this, things have just been so busy and I haven't been on here for a while, didn't realise you'd written this! I guess that tells its own story...Anyway super glad for you getting in the bath at last :loveshwr: Funnily enough your last post saying you were going to...
  3. F

    THR Recovery after sudden pain at 5 weeks post-op

    Thanks Layla. It is all coming back quite rapidly now. Movements are feeling much more natural and I can finally dry between my toes! Swimming a lot and walking too, no limp. I think obeying the restrictions I was given for so long had conditioned me to move unnaturally and now I'm freed in my...
  4. F

    THR Recovery after sudden pain at 5 weeks post-op

    I know it's all going well and I shouldn't grumble...but can't help remembering how much easier/quicker it was after the resurfacing on my right hip. Pretty similar procedure in terms of incision and posterior approach (complete with soft tissue cutting etc) but I was pretty well 'back to...
  5. F

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    Thanks mghf :) :-) (: Have been practising sitting down quite low using stairs since freed from the dreaded 90deg rule...makes it much easier to get up after. Also kneeling fairly easily (if not elegantly!) now. Still finding it hard to sit down on floor (or in bath) and then get up again...
  6. F

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    Good luck!! We'll both be there soon! I'm going to have another try tomorrow...:fingersx: :fingersx::fingersx:
  7. F

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    Agree with all the comments msart - your attitude is brilliant. You've really looked at the best in what happened to you - a lot of people (sadly, probably me included) would have just felt anger...instead of which, you're praising your surgeon for his honesty (which I can also see is fair)...
  8. F

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    What a lovely fireplace! Is that a woodstove? We have an open fire but want to convert to a stove but an insert not just an upright stuck in there - yours looks exactly right! Also very jealous about the bath (think that was in a post of yours..) I'm 3 months out, doing really well and yesterday...
  9. F

    THR Recovery after sudden pain at 5 weeks post-op

    Hi everyone I had my 3 month check up with hospital today - I thought I was going to see my surgeon but actually saw the head physio on his team. Apparently my surgeon likes patients to see the physio at this stage because they (patients) usually want to ask about activities and restrictions (...
  10. F

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    I really feel for you. I've had a couple of panic attacks since the op - I think that feeling of vulnerability and dependence on others comes into it. I've woken up in a cold sweat at 4am thinking well that's it, no use to anyone now, I'm never going to be properly active again. And that my...
  11. F

    Ceramic resurfacing

    Hi I had a MOM resurfacing in 2007 and it's still going strong. There have been issues around high blood metal levels with MOMs and I have to have annual blood tests to check. Mine have been consistently pretty high (hovering just on the edge of what's considered acceptable) but otherwise the...
  12. F

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    Msart - I'm at nearly 12 weeks now and nights seem to be when I still get aches/pain (though I do get very stiff after sitting especially later in the day). I wake up several times each night with my op leg aching and painful and have to change position.That usually calms it down after a few...
  13. F

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    I wake up repeatedly in the night on either my operated or nonoperated side with both legs bent up together. I also notice that when I first turn onto either side I automatically bring both knees up. That seems much more comfortable and natural for me. I do wake up with aching after a while but...
  14. F

    THR Recovery after sudden pain at 5 weeks post-op

    Happy New Year to everyone on here! I hope everyone had a great holiday and is doing well. I went for a walk with my OH on the beach in the sun on New Year's Eve and felt quite euphoric...for the first time it suddenly became clear to me that I now have a working hip! I even went for a little...
  15. F

    THR Recovery after sudden pain at 5 weeks post-op

    Thanks both Should have also asked if you can correct my info - must have had a senior moment when I first joined! Should be: R Hip resurfacing December 2007 L Hip THR October 16 2024 Thanks again!
Back
Top Bottom