Recent content by Ferni

  1. Ferni

    Bilateral TKR What Can You Do After Your TKR or BTKR?

    No, I am 6 months out and researched kneeling and think I will take a pass. Would love to but it is hard on the knees and am trying to protect my right knee as long as I can before it gets replaced too. Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  2. Ferni

    TKR Emahl's Recovery

    I had my knee replacement June 16 and am still in pt. I also had pain with the IT band and hamstring. The only time. I was pain free was sitting with my legs straight out in front. It does get better. Now the stiffness only comes when standing too long or getting up after sitting too long. My...
  3. Ferni

    December 21st LTHR with William Barrett

    Good luck!! Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  4. Ferni

    TKR Dearjr's new knee

    Oh, I am so sorry about your pup. They are part of the family and it is a shame they have such an abbreviated life span. Please give her hugs and kisses from my family and my two doggies and remember she will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.
  5. Ferni

    TKR Dearjr's new knee

    Glad the pooch is okay! Walking is painless but standing still is awful. Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  6. Ferni

    TKR Dearjr's new knee

    @Wanttobebiking I also am very active. What I meant was I have no padding around my knees or thighs so it is painful when it swells or when I sit or stand too long. Being in pt for almost 4 months, I've seen heavier people come and go. Just a guess. Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  7. Ferni

    TKR Dearjr's new knee

    I still have stiffness but it is getting better. Just signed up for 5 more weeks of pt. Also have never missed 1 day of doing my exercises. I also do 15 to 25 minutes on my Recumbent Bike. I have come so far but slowly. Dr says slow is OK as long as progress is steady. I'm thin and wonder if...
  8. Ferni

    TKR Dearjr's new knee

    I'm 3.5 months and have not slept more than 3.5 hours at a time. Some day... Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  9. Ferni

    Bilateral TKR 3½ months post op bilateral feeling frustrated

    I am 3 months post op and have been back to work since the end of July. I have the same stiffness and pain symptoms as you and today have had some shooting pains as well. I am religious about doing my exercises twice a day and 15 minutes on the bike. They have signed me up for pt for October...
  10. Ferni

    TKR Dearjr's new knee

    Singles tennis is off limits for us forever. He was joking in lame way. Your knee is far from healed. Most likely you forget and treat it like it's normal and it buckles. At 11 weeks my quads are still weak and I am super conscientious about exercise. Just takes time. Be patient, don't...
  11. Ferni

    TKR 48 hours almost

    Thank you. Interesting about arnica. I use a pain cream with arnica and comfrey on my knee. Started using it when my arthritis pain began. I am a nutritional supporter and eat most of the foods (except kale and collards) you recommend. YAY! Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  12. Ferni

    TKR 48 hours almost

    Tomorrow is my follow up with my OS. My cold range is about 100 and hot is 114. The goal is to have the cold match the hot. It will be 11 weeks on Tuesday. I have made so much progress. I go up and down the stairs even tho I feel it a little in my hamstring. I rode the stationary bike and...
  13. Ferni

    TKR Dearjr's new knee

    Me too!!! Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
  14. Ferni

    TKR 48 hours almost

    Not good. Went to a concert last night and I shouldn't have. Too many steps and impossible to stay in my seat for long. Today it is very stiff. I can't help wondering if this is as good as it is going to get. Oh well, still better than it was before surgery. How about you? How are you feeling?
  15. Ferni

    TKR 48 hours almost

    I hope it is something he can take care of. Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Back
Top Bottom