Recent content by Ericl

  1. Ericl

    Swelling? Can't figure out why....

    I tried everything! Sleeping on my back, a little to the side, pillow between the legs, multiple pillows behind my head.. nothing worked except my recliner. I'm a big time side sleeper and my body refused to sleep in my bed. The recliner is the only way I have been able to sleep even a few...
  2. Ericl

    THR Eric's New Hip

    The "sensation" was gone this morning and thankfully it has not returned. I did my physical therapy with no trouble, even though they worked me pretty well. Good stuff! Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  3. Ericl

    THR Eric's New Hip

    A rubbing sensation with skipping. I think that describes it better. Kind of like the metal ball is rubbing on the poly socket instead of gliding smoothly.
  4. Ericl

    THR Eric's New Hip

    Thank you. I had not seen those videos before. The second video kind of describes the sensation, and I suppose I'll just rest up real good today and see what it feels like tomorrow. I'm a little concerned how it will respond when I start the out-patient therapy tomorrow. I really pushed it...
  5. Ericl

    THR Eric's New Hip

    Hey everyone. Been a while. I've been doing pretty good lately, walking on a crutch, and getting ready to start out-patient therapy tomorrow. Yesterday I went for a trek around the grocery store and the cell phone store, and it went fairly well, but I started to hurt in my hip towards the end of...
  6. Ericl

    THR Eric's New Hip

    Good evening. I'm a few days into my recovery now, starting to get around abit better now, but still using the walker. Not much in the way of pain except muscle soreness from working muscles that haven't been used in a long time. I've been trying to find some information on something without...
  7. Ericl

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Day after surgery. One of the nurses was kind enough to snap the pic when changing out the big bulky bandage.
  8. Ericl

    THR Eric's New Hip

    I blatantly borrowed the term hippies, for the others and myself in my joint camp in Greenville SC. Not only were we same day surgery buddies, but not too far away either! Keep up the healing, and ice is most definitely your friend.
  9. Ericl

    THR Released- from the "Joint"

    Glmrphy it sounds like you really have a handle on this! Keep it up and keep feeling better! Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  10. Ericl

    THR Eric's New Hip

    I had some really good PT earlier with a decent walk at the end with the walker. I found out the heaviness is caused by the nerve block, and I do have the "spike" that the bone heals around instead of being cemented. The big bandage gets replaced tonight and I'm going to try and get a picture of...
  11. Ericl

    THR Eric's New Hip

    @glmrphy I was reading your posts earlier. You're right, we got this! Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
  12. Ericl

    THR Eric's New Hip

    @barbarana I had the posterior approach. I haven't had a visit from the surgeon yet, but I have a few followup questions for him. I was originally told it would be posterior with depuy metal on poly and the one where the bone heals into the "spike" instead of cemented. Sent from my SCH-I535...
  13. Ericl

    THR Eric's New Hip

    I'm going to carry this bowling ball with me everywhere! I don't know exactly why it feels so heavy, but my money is on because of all the muscle that had to be cut through no longer able to provide strength and support for the leg and hip. Tomorrow should be an interesting day with more...
  14. Ericl

    THR Eric's New Hip

    Went in this morning at 0530 and woke up around 1000 with a new hip. No complications and no pain until PT arrived at 1330. Took my first few steps with PT and it felt like lifting a bowling ball on my left side. Pretty good bit of pain after the brief walk -- but here I am, I made it to the...
  15. Ericl

    Eric's Hip Thread

    I had my final appointment before surgery today and requested a print out of my x-rays. My surgeon made the comment that my hip was 'impressive". When I look at it, I wonder how I've been walking as long as I have been. It's pretty darn nasty when I look at the image. Surgery is only a few...
Back
Top Bottom