THR Eric's New Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy days .... Wishing you both speedy recoveries! Loving this site just wished I had found it earlier. Anyway no looking back now... Onwards and upwards as they say. Happy healing
 
Good evening. I'm a few days into my recovery now, starting to get around abit better now, but still using the walker. Not much in the way of pain except muscle soreness from working muscles that haven't been used in a long time.

I've been trying to find some information on something without any luck.

I have two young boys who weigh about 30 and 45 pounds. We like to dogpile in the big oversize recliner and watch cartoons, but for fear of dislocation, I haven't allowed them to sit in my lap or even in the chair with me. Am I being paranoid, or is it a legitimate risk? While I was in the hospital the food table collapsed straight down on my operated leg, so it seems pretty durable so far.

Have a great night!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
 
So glad that all is going well @Eric1.....as to your question....I too was totally paranoid after my THR with my Grandkids sitting on my
Lap as I was worried it would dislocate ....dont think I've ever read any do or donts about it....Just thought it wasn't worth the risk until I was comfortable 'in my head' about it. Also my leg was quite sore on the femur ( wonder why????) so didn't want any more pain!!! After a month or so I forgot and let them sit on my lap....! Take care..lChrissie xxx
 
Hey everyone. Been a while. I've been doing pretty good lately, walking on a crutch, and getting ready to start out-patient therapy tomorrow. Yesterday I went for a trek around the grocery store and the cell phone store, and it went fairly well, but I started to hurt in my hip towards the end of the trip. I was walking around for probably an hour in total. We called it a day at that point and went home, and everything seemed okay. This morning I have an interesting sensation in the operated hip. It feels like this is in the socket area, and I want to call it a clicking or skipping sensation. It happens mostly when I'm walking, sometimes standing still. It doesn't hurt, but it does feel really weird and sort of uncomfortable. I say clicking, but it's not actually making any noise.

Does this make sense to anyone out there, and if so, is this a Bad Thing, or will it go away after some rest?

Milestones:
Off the blood thinners for one week. Off the TEDs for two weeks. Off the walker and on a crutch for one week. Walking around outside for about one week. Steri-strips off for one week. First real trip back out into the real world: yesterday.
 
Thank you. I had not seen those videos before. The second video kind of describes the sensation, and I suppose I'll just rest up real good today and see what it feels like tomorrow. I'm a little concerned how it will respond when I start the out-patient therapy tomorrow. I really pushed it yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it's just mad at me right now. I just hope I didn't do anything bad to it.
 
A rubbing sensation with skipping. I think that describes it better. Kind of like the metal ball is rubbing on the poly socket instead of gliding smoothly.
 
Hi @Ericl it sounds like you are doing really well except for the clicking sensation.....be sure to speak to your OS about this
 
@Ericl , love to hear about your milestones! Hopefully you won't be bothered too long with the clicking. I have often wondered about that myself (havent experienced it, but wondered). Keep up the good work, sounds lik you are doing great!
 
The "sensation" was gone this morning and thankfully it has not returned. I did my physical therapy with no trouble, even though they worked me pretty well. Good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom