Recent content by Eman85

  1. Eman85

    THR Back for my second THR

    They're so much fun most of us can't resist going back for seconds! Sounds like your timing is good so you can get back to camping in the spring.
  2. Eman85

    THR Help me keep faith

    What is your thoughts now on a timeline to return to work? If you do some reading on past members posts you'll find a trend of returning to work prolonging their recovery and causing undue pain. While it's become a common procedure with fairy tale recovery stories it is a major invasive surgery...
  3. Eman85

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Might disagree with you. Between exercise and stretching I have overcome any weakness and tightness I had. I agree about this man made stuff ain't natural and there are always some unintended consequences and everyone's results are different.
  4. Eman85

    THR Fear of Infection

    It's always a concern, part of the risk of the surgery but well worth it for the positive results. My OS recommends the antibiotics for dental work, so I take the antibiotics before dental work. No big deal as usually it's just 2x a year cleanings. I'm far from being a therapist, could probably...
  5. Eman85

    THR Severe Fall - Four fractures

    Wow! sorry to hear of your accident. I took my own tumble this week down the deck steps, I fared better and it was because of wrong footwear. The hip implants are remarkably durable! I have had good luck with my Skecher slip-ons, which I should have been wearing instead of Oofos slide-ons.
  6. Eman85

    THR 12 weeks post op issues

    I'm glad you found a surgeon that would explain things to you. What the said seems to be a logical explanation. My both hips were bad for many decades so I knew going in mine would be different then what I'd been dealing with. If you look at what they do to us to perform the surgery it's...
  7. Eman85

    THR 12 weeks post op issues

    @Layla Thanks, readings not my strong suit but I do understand pain and frustration from it. I hope @Nsarova takes some of the advice and tries the sit and do nothing method.
  8. Eman85

    THR 12 weeks post op issues

    I went back and read all of your posts and the line that struck me was "I will keep working hard at it". I think that line is an insight to what the solution might be. I see you're young or at least younger than most of us so it's easy to blow us off as old folks that need to rest and aren't...
  9. Eman85

    THR Day Three - Going Home

    Sounds like you've been through a lot. Only encouragement I could give is look at how the first removed the pain. I found it just as difficult if not more to go for the second despite having good results from the first.
  10. Eman85

    THR Left Total Hip Replacement -anterior approach

    I had the choice with my 2nd THR and chose to stay overnight in the hospital. Easier for me and my wife to stay and drive home the next day.
  11. Eman85

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with your THR and your OS. Just me but I'd be very actively searching for a second opinion even if it meant paying cash for it.
  12. Eman85

    THR Dave 40m post op recovery thread.

    Actually I'm not smart, I am Experienced? And experience comes with a price, and I've paid it so others don't have to if they are smart. Sit and ice, listen to music, read, watch movies you have all of the experienced people's permission. Don't listen to the voices in your head that you're...
  13. Eman85

    THR Dave 40m post op recovery thread.

    Since you're at home keep icing while you sit. If you went walking and feel pain at the end of the day you cracked the door to the ODIC. THR is an odd recovery in that it feels good when we're doing things so we keep going, the pain comes later or the next day. That's when we take the pain meds...
  14. Eman85

    THR Dave 40m post op recovery thread.

    Instant pain relief??? I must have missed those posts on here, usually that's second or third hand info from someone's cousin or co-worker that was dancing the night away the day after surgery, not real world. 3 weeks in don't know what PT you're doing but counting steps at this point didn't...
  15. Eman85

    THR UK Recovery

    Good update, use ice for the aches it helps a lot. You will enjoy the prostate biopsy immensely, regular day at the beach.
Back
Top Bottom