Recent content by EllieDimples

  1. EllieDimples

    TKR Still here…inching my way to recovery

    @Jockette I think I’m most worried about the fact that I have both swelling and pain. I’m not sure how much to push myself either. I started walking a mile in the morning before heading off to work and then I walk another 2 miles throughout my day (not continuously though). I hate being...
  2. EllieDimples

    TKR Still here…inching my way to recovery

    @Jockette Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had a rough recovery as well. My ortho said about 18 months for me as he says I’m moving around more than most, but I don’t really think it’s that much. I’ll have to keep an eye on it. Again, I...
  3. EllieDimples

    TKR Still here…inching my way to recovery

    Hi Everyone…I’m a year post op as of the 14th of June but my ROM is only at 112. My ortho says it’s normal since I’m moving around a lot, however, I still can’t do a full bike rotation without pain. Walking is generally ok but I have a tight band that makes it feel a little stiff and after...
  4. EllieDimples

    TKR Arthroscopic Surgery after TKR to Release Popliteus.

    @Jockette if it were not for BoneSmart, I don’t know where I would be. Not only has it given me comfort through this process, but I’m sure I would have had an MUA. I’m sure because a few PT’s mentioned it, and not knowing any better I would have probably agreed, especially when I was stuck at 90...
  5. EllieDimples

    TKR Arthroscopic Surgery after TKR to Release Popliteus.

    @Gingerbread I forgot to mention that I was stuck at 90 ROM around 12-13 weeks. The focus was on whether or not there was progress. The less I did with PT exercises (just gentle stretches and bending) that’s when I started to see improvement: 92 degrees, 95, 98, any little bit was a celebration...
  6. EllieDimples

    TKR Arthroscopic Surgery after TKR to Release Popliteus.

    @Rain Dancer and @Gingerbread, like you both, I too am a “slow healer”, which is how my PT has described me and I wholeheartedly agree. I’m almost at 15 weeks and was ecstatic when my ROM was at 105 upon arrival at my last appointment. I also was worried about being pressured to have an MUA and...
  7. EllieDimples

    TKR Right knee rehab

    @Atkinson8 Good for you and congrats on your recovery! I’m also at 12 weeks (tomorrow) and am back at work (school administrator). I’m still using the cane, though, even though I have good extension, my ROM is still at about 100, so not quite there yet). Icing and elevating really helps, though...
  8. EllieDimples

    TKR Maryt's LTKA

    @marytfnp When I started having severe IT pain (started when I became more mobile) I had pain that began in my calf and felt like a “Charlie horse. Thank goodness for the PT who said it was my IT band and proceeded to follow and massage the calf all the way up on the outside of my knee and into...
  9. EllieDimples

    TKR 12 weeks post op

    @ski_bum Thank you for the advice! Congrats on being able to do a full rotation early on! Last time they checked, I had 100 ROM with a little help from my PT. I think that’s why I still can’t go all the way but I’m going to try your technique. Hope you’re feeling better in your recovery!
  10. EllieDimples

    TKR 12 weeks post op

    @Ann10 no worries, even in that regard we are the same (I can never figure out how to repost or “quote” someone). I’m glad my response helped. I think you are the only person I have seen on this forum with a June 14 surgery date. It is so good to read about where you’re at in your recovery…makes...
  11. EllieDimples

    TKR 12 weeks post op

    I forgot to mention that I had the tight IT band issue and massaging really helped. I still try to do my version a deep tissue massage (meaning gentle pressure) at least twice a week. I go to PT every other week but it’s very gentle as well. I’m 49 and naturally an impatient person but have...
  12. EllieDimples

    TKR 12 weeks post op

    Hi Ann! I had surgery the same day! My rom has been taking it’s sweet time and I don’t worry about it anymore. However, I’m still pretty stiff and can’t do a full rotation on the bike yet. Going down the stairs is still the one step at a time method but I feel like it’s easier to do the daily...
  13. EllieDimples

    TKR Still here…inching my way to recovery

    I am now a a day away from 12 weeks and walking about 1.5 to 2 miles a day due to my having returned to work. The concern I have is that my non-surgical side (mainly my foot) is swollen and achy, even more than my surgical side/foot. Is this normal? I still use my cane but have had a couple of...
  14. EllieDimples

    TKR Still here…inching my way to recovery

    @BBCG Thank you so much! Your input has been very helpful and I appreciate you taking the time to answer my many questions. I will definitely stay on top of it regarding my IT band! I wish you the very best in your healing journey! ❤️
  15. EllieDimples

    TKR LTKR on June 23

    It’s so hard to sleep, isn’t it? I’m not able to fall asleep any earlier than 1:00am, but then I can’t get out of bed until nearly 10:00am . I’m glad I’m able to work from home around my schedule, but honestly, I might be able to put 3 hours max of productive work, if that. Hopefully next week...
Back
Top Bottom