TKR Still here…inching my way to recovery

@EllieDimples
Hi Ellie, I’m sorry you’re still having issues of pain and swelling. Just to let you know, I had a very tough, slow, first year of recovery, but I had a lot of improvement in my second year, so don’t lose hope yet.

That said, if you are very concerned, you might consider getting a second opinion, with a surgeon who has no association with your current one.

I‘ve had 2 second opinions, one at 15 months post op, and another just before the second anniversary. Neither surgeon found anything to fix, though they didn’t really look very hard. To be honest, I’m still not happy with my knee, and it’s been over 5 years. I don’t really have pain, “just” discomfort, so I’ve given up on more opinions for now.
 
@Jockette Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had a rough recovery as well. My ortho said about 18 months for me as he says I’m moving around more than most, but I don’t really think it’s that much. I’ll have to keep an eye on it. Again, I really appreciate your feedback and I wish you the best recovery possible. :praying::yahoo:
 
I forgot to post this article:
 
@Jockette I think I’m most worried about the fact that I have both swelling and pain. I’m not sure how much to push myself either. I started walking a mile in the morning before heading off to work and then I walk another 2 miles throughout my day (not continuously though). I hate being sedentary but I also don’t think I’m overdoing it….I do have stiffness and a tight band, but it has been a year now so not sure. I’ve given myself another 6 months. If after making a concerted effort to ice and rest in the evening, I still continue with these issues, I’ll reach out to my ortho and say, “So…about that knee?” :tada:
 
Sorry your recovery has been so slow. I am one month behind you and facing the same issues. My knee is very strong, and I have no trouble standing or pulling weeds, even walking on river rocks to do so. However, my leg is still noticeably swollen, and the knee easily stiffens if I walk even short distances. I am back to using the lounge doctor to elevate the knee as long as possible each day, which has helped. My extension is probably 95 degrees at most. We appear to be slow healers, which is amazingly frustrating. I hope that things improve for you.
 
Back
Top Bottom