Recent content by Elaine F.

  1. Elaine F.

    Found this wonderful website!

    @Muffikins Just checking on you. How are you doing and how are you feeling?
  2. Elaine F.

    Found this wonderful website!

    What fun! Lol The prep is the worst part. Glad it will take your mind off the hip for awhile. I love that you have a sense of humor. Really helps when your stressed.
  3. Elaine F.

    Found this wonderful website!

    Stewie was one lucky cat to have found you!
  4. Elaine F.

    Found this wonderful website!

    Muffikins, I can't tell you how much you sound like me before my hip replacement. I haven't been on this site for probably over 2 years and happened to look at it today and read your thread. I had all the worry, anxiety, sleepless nights, terror; you name it, I had it. I worried constantly...
  5. Elaine F.

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    So glad it went well and your home and resting! Praying for you.
  6. Elaine F.

    THR on my way here, ready for my first new hip

    Rest and more rest! I wish you a great recovery! :loveshwr:
  7. Elaine F.

    I can do this. Can I do this? What am I doing, exactly?

    @Sommers16 Had my right hip done just over a year ago. The pre-op jitters/anxiety/what if's are no joke! Depression also! I think we all have shared some of that. Believe me, it does get better. The best investment we made after the operation was a cheap recliner. I slept in it for naps and...
  8. Elaine F.

    New here, need two THR's

    This brings back memories. I too felt like I was going to see my executioner on the day of my surgery. It's been a year since surgery now and I can assure you it will all get better. Staples were a non issue. Out in 10 days and hardly a scar. Wish and pray you the best.
  9. Elaine F.

    Hip Infection Going on to surgery # 8 & 9 for same hip

    I can't relate to all that but certainly feel for you and wish you the best. There has to be light at the end of that tunnel.
  10. Elaine F.

    Catheter query

    I had a spinal but no catheter. Would have been nice though.
  11. Elaine F.

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 Glad you got your date! I'm still hanging on to my non-op hip for the time being but probably won't be too far behind you.
  12. Elaine F.

    Nervous

    Sorry I can't give you any advice except to hang in there and get a doctor you can trust. Wish you the best!
  13. Elaine F.

    What a Difference a Year Makes!

    Well it's been one year today since I've had my total right hip replacement. Certainly a journey but one well worth taken. If I knew then what I know now I would have not been so terrified. It really is fear of the unknown. BoneSmart has helped so many, many people and I'm shouting out a Big...
  14. Elaine F.

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 I really don't remember how high the count was but remember that the absolute eosinophils were elevated. He really felt it was from asthma and inflammation and no cause for concern. Hope you have a great day. Snow is gone here! Yeah!! I'm meeting friends for lunch!
  15. Elaine F.

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    @Cynthia777 Gee, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. My wbc is always a little high. Asthma, colds, inflammation and tons of other things can do that. My family doctor sent me to a hematologist who said it really was no big deal and he didn't find anything wrong. I'm trying to ease your...
Back
Top Bottom