Recent content by dressagequeen

  1. dressagequeen

    TKR Husband thinks I'm taking this too far!

    I was looking for a thread like this! During all this I had to kick my boyfriend out. He became very resentful. After 2 days of him caring for me he turned into more of a burden than my knee.
  2. dressagequeen

    I need your help: Has BoneSmart helped in your TKR recovery?

    Ditto on all of the above. This is a wondeful site. When you need someone to confide in, there is always someone here to listen to rants, answer questions and emotional meltdowns. I wish I had found this site pre- surgery. I went into it petrified. And not to pity party but I am getting though...
  3. dressagequeen

    Clunking and Unsteady 6 weeks Post, Scab?

    Thanks SO much! Now to deal with the depression. Today is a not so great day. I had to cancel some activities this coming week with my new. "Real" outlook on this.
  4. dressagequeen

    Clunking and Unsteady 6 weeks Post, Scab?

    Thank you so much Thank you so much! I kind of needed a kick in the butt.
  5. dressagequeen

    Clunking and Unsteady 6 weeks Post, Scab?

    Hello Bonesmart Friends!! Currently I am at 107 ( was at 110 on day 1 of outpatient PT) and 2 ( with PT Nazi pressing down on my knee) I have been at 107 for a week now with no progress. I feel like I am going backwards. On my first day of out patient PT, I merrily got on the bike and had a...
  6. dressagequeen

    What has helped you most in your recovery from knee surgery...

    Potty riser, grabber. I am 6 weeks out and a friend loaned me an ice machine. I highly recommend getting one. Wish I had it prior. My knee is angry at me for going to a conference yesterday. Boy am I paying today. 2hr car ride and 6 hrs on my feet was a bit much.
  7. dressagequeen

    PKR Andy's Boring Post-op PKR Thread

    Great story! I see several tips on how to wean off pain meds, which I am concerned about. Do you mind sharing your method?
  8. dressagequeen

    TKR Post-Op Struggles

    I cant wait to get clearance from my OS. I live in a very rural part of Central Florida near Ocala. There is a natural spring not far for swimming. Brrrrrrr.73 degrees!
  9. dressagequeen

    Gary Stevens, Jockey just got TKR

    Im so glad to see the posted article! Thank you.Wow 110 % post op? I would been bawling.
  10. dressagequeen

    Gary Stevens, Jockey just got TKR

    Hi all! I dont know how to post the article but, a tremendous athletic, Gary Stevens just got a TKR. Funny thst guy has had so many injuries, its probably his only elective surgery. Gary is in his early 50s, and has numerous riding titles including winning the Kentucky Derby, Breeders Cup. The...
  11. dressagequeen

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    Sounds you are doing well! Im having a roller coaster of emotions.
  12. dressagequeen

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    @marmora Some where I saw you replied ro my inquiry as to your recovery. I am doing very well, zipping around the house with my walker, doing way better than expected. I have someone staying with me supposed to help but, I found I don't need him.
  13. dressagequeen

    TKR Left TKR on 17 July

    Hello! I hope all is well!
  14. dressagequeen

    Having my first Knee Replacement July 9th 2014**Nervous

    Boy I became behind schedule for the "black button" to press for the morphine. I feel asleep.for 3 hrs, gave myself a dose upon awakening. Then it ran out. Took the nurses 45 mins to get a refill. During.that time I was a 9-10 on pain scale. To the pre operers, give yourself as much as you need...
  15. dressagequeen

    Having my first Knee Replacement July 9th 2014**Nervous

    Hi ! I have to check your posts. Im doing this on my phone. How are your feeling.my same day TKR friend?
Back
Top Bottom