RestAssured
alpha
They had a special adhesive plastic that I used over the incision, so by day 5 I was showering. No more sponge baths.
.So the dear husband went on a mission, and came back with a really nice one!
United States
The part that I changed about my diet, was to quit calling it a diet and make it a lifestyle change. I eat more protein, and drink more protein shakes now. I also eat salads, and other vegetables and fruits that I once thought would kill me if I ate them!
I try to drink a gallon of water a day watch my carb intake, and use fats very sparingly.What are some of the exercises your PT tells you to do? I am curious since I have no PT but do self-directed exercises from a book. Thanks, Ollie.My OS insists on pool rehab and in my town we have two facilities that offer it. I really like it as I can do so many more things in a safe, controlled environment. The PT tells me what to do and I am in full control of the intensity level of the movement. The warm water is wonderful and the hydro massage at the end of the session is great!
Oh - and I got to start just three weeks post op, after the staples came out.
I also plan on using our local YMCA pool to do water walking and other water exercises after I'm done with the PT. That is also really good - feels so good to move the creaky joints through the water!!
Ollie. LTKR June 10, 2014
@jerseygirl-in-ca@Highpointer42
Have been Looking for a thread like this. I am on day 16 and my DR said I could go into pool. I gained a ton a weight after accident in 2012 so water is easier on the knee. I was thinking about walking too. Was the treadmill hard to do? What about treading water? Did you try other things? Did the foot issue heal ok???