What has helped you most in your recovery from knee surgery...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="Jozilla, post: 654918, member: 11802" I read an article recently how tkr patients are just recovering with Celebrex and Tylenol.[/QUOTE]
:yikes:
 
How scary is that @kneeper. I didn't think that was something the surgeon would be proud of. His patients must be crying in pain. My OS was great with pain management for my first tkr so I am counting on that this time. I will see him a few days before surgery so I will bring it up!
 
Heck I didn't even have the Celebrex, I recovered on tylenol after the first three weeks of morphine. Its doable.:thumb:
 
Answer to the first question. Walker, Couch Risers, Toliet Riser, and the companionship of Bonesmart where I could ask questions and be answered by people who have actually had the surgery themselves. Having a good rehab hospital and good home care from my daughter was very helpful, almost a life saver because I had BTKR.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Toilet riser with arms, my ice pumps (that I am so attached to that I bought two), rollator walker, articulating beds at home, and reading this forum. There are more, but these are the highlights.
 
On the pain meds subject - I had diclofenac (NSAID) and paracetemol (tylenol) and was relatively pain free. I read on the forum about people in severe pain. I never had that.
 
Potty riser, grabber. I am 6 weeks out and a friend loaned me an ice machine. I highly recommend getting one. Wish I had it prior. My knee is angry at me for going to a conference yesterday. Boy am I paying today. 2hr car ride and 6 hrs on my feet was a bit much.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom