Recent content by donvito2234

  1. D

    Hip Arthroscopy 3 yrs. post op and exercise has not made much difference

    This is my situation as well. 6+ months post THR. It’s been tough. I’m 41.
  2. D

    Hip Arthroscopy 3 yrs. post op and exercise has not made much difference

    The best way to determine the level of relief you can expect to get from A hip replacement is through a diagnostic lidocaine injection.
  3. D

    THR Dave 40m post op recovery thread.

    Thank you! I am plugging along. Still deal w daily pain but seeing improvements month ver month.
  4. D

    THR Dave 40m post op recovery thread.

    Thank you. I am making progress after sports hernia and hernia surgery. Slow and steady. Lessons learned from hip surgery.
  5. D

    THR Dave 40m post op recovery thread.

    I’ll share openly! Didn’t want to distract. So yes my procedure is two fold. I have two inguinal hernias, as well as something called sports hernia/core muscle injury. Inguinal hernias are what everyone thinks of when you think hernia, bulge in lower groin, pain in lower pelvis etc. they will...
  6. D

    THR Dave 40m post op recovery thread.

    Thank you, mind if i DM you? Anxious for yet another surgery mostly that it won’t relieve my pain
  7. D

    THR Dave 40m post op recovery thread.

    Thank you. I am doing ok. Still a lot of groin pain and been diagnosed with 2 inguinal hernia and a sports hernia. So surgery for that in a few weeks. Though a much lighter surgery then hip replacement.
  8. D

    THR 12 weeks post op issues

    Hang in there.
  9. D

    THR Dave 40m post op recovery thread.

    Almost 10 weeks post op. Riding the waves that is recovery! Had a few days where i felt wonderful then the past 2 were a struggle. Trusting the process and trying to stay positive. What’s helped is talking to other younger ish folks who had hip replacements and are on the same roller coaster i...
  10. D

    THR Dave 40m post op recovery thread.

    Wanted to update some recent ups and downs! I started transitioning off the cane last week and am basically fully off of it now. Yesterday felt almost like a normal day (7000 steps, helped with dinner, drove to PT, helped with bedtime) Today hit me like brick wall of course. Extreme fatigue...
  11. D

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    Thank you both @benne68 and @Layla
  12. D

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I’m 8 weeks out and the fatigue and depression is brutal. I’m still in a lot of pain and very tired. Had a panic attack on Tuesday because i don’t feel like I’ll ever get back to my normal life.
  13. D

    THR Unable to walk, lift leg, or abduct leg since THR

    Is it possible for you to get a doctors note to take disability. This all seems too much your body seems to be rejecting all your activity. Hang in there. You are not alone.
  14. D

    Revision THR Hip - psoas tendinitis

    Welcome! Im 6 weeks out from a replacement after a failed scope with borderline dysplasia. Rooting for you!
  15. D

    THR Dave 40m post op recovery thread.

    Thank you! Yes I’ve been able to increase steps and distances gradually. This weekend hit new highs and was feeling great. Surely the relief will come eventually.
Back
Top Bottom