Recent content by dogluvr

  1. dogluvr

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    @phrog and @Kayaknlady , so glad to see that I'm not alone in the tooth pain and worrying! My twin sister who has not had her knees done thinks I am freaking out over nothing! I tell her I have not gone through all of this to get my knees back just to have problems with them because of some...
  2. dogluvr

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Is the amoxicillin something I'll need to get from my dr or dentist? Was thinking about asking my Dr when I go Monday for an rx to keep on hand . Surely they don't just call in a few pills for you do they ?
  3. dogluvr

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    @SusieShoes , you were kidding about jogging ...aren't you? I knelt on our well padded ottoman, and it just felt....weird! I can total relate about your hives scare, and thinking everything is related to or can affect the new knees. I seem to be a medical mystery. From January thru June of this...
  4. dogluvr

    Rapid Deterioration Prior to Surgery

    Oddly enough, the last few weeks before my bilateral tkr, my knees both felt so good that I was seriously questioning if I needed surgery! I wondered if the prebab exercises I had done for three months were finally helping?. The Dr reassured me after surgery that yes, they both were bad enough...
  5. dogluvr

    Bilateral TKR I can do it!

    How about the numb patch on the outside of your knees.. Does everyone have that? Mine is more numb on one knee. How about Scar massage? I started probably four weeks after surgery, and still do it once a day.
  6. dogluvr

    Bilateral PKR scheduled for 3 October

    I'm right there with you on symbols of a new lease on life! I forgot until I was reading this post that when I went to see the physicians assistant 11 days after surgery, he told me I could keep my incisions covered if I was worried what people would think! I think my mouth fell open. I was just...
  7. dogluvr

    A few weeks til surgery....

    My Dr didn't send me home with the ice machine :( I bought one and borrowed another from a friend so I could have then going at the same time. They did send me home with two really nice, big ice packs and extra cold packs. I asked about The cpm.... My Dr doesn't like it:(
  8. dogluvr

    A few weeks til surgery....

    This may be too late for you to see, but My surgery was Monday at 7a'm and I was released Wednesday 4 p'm. I was actually hesitant about going home...i liked being taken care of! I wish I would've seen your post earlier. You ask the same questions I did! I was so worried because I normally got...
  9. dogluvr

    A few weeks til surgery....

    My bilateral tkr was August 7 .My Dr said I would hate him for the first two to three weeks. I didn't. Never was in horrible pain, just discomfort. Maybe that was because I was religious about taking my pain pills every four hours.? I set an alarm to wake me up. I ate a snack, took my pill and...
  10. dogluvr

    Bilateral TKR I can do it!

    I'm sorry I have been missing in action! Where have August and September gone?! Nausea stuck with me most of August. I have cementless knees. No staples. Just stitches inside and glue on the outside, so that meant I could shower. LOVE the shower transfer bench and the elevated toilet seat...
  11. dogluvr

    Bilateral TKR I can do it!

    i made it thru surgery! Came home late yesterday afternoon. Took awhile to get pain under control and had quite a bit of nausea even with anti-nausea medicine! Had a private room , which was nice. Having never been in the hospital before, I found like everyone said, that it was no place to get...
  12. dogluvr

    Upcoming bilateral total knee replacement

    @SusieShoes and @nensi .....thank you both so much for your words! So emotional today, and you guys and @Kare2dare have me tearing up. This forum, and reading about everyone's experiences has prepared me as much as it can for what lays ahead. I am up for the challenge , and hope to be the...
  13. dogluvr

    Upcoming bilateral total knee replacement

    Kare2dare, thanks for the encouragement :) I know my beagle will be in heaven with me being home so much!
  14. dogluvr

    Upcoming bilateral total knee replacement

    Thank you for the well wishes :) Trying to finish up last minute things before Monday! We would love to stay at a hotel the night before, but we have two dogs. My husband will have to come home throughout my hospital stay to take care of them. Having a few tearing up moments here and there...
  15. dogluvr

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    @SusieShoes , you give me SO much hope! My bilateral surgery is days away...Monday at 7 a.m....have to be there at 5:30 a.m. ( and its 60 miles away! ). A strange calm has come over me, but am a bit overwhelmed trying to get everything done...house cleaned, meals made, power recliner...
Back
Top Bottom