Recent content by Dog Lover

  1. Dog Lover

    TKR Dog lover's recovery page

    So I am at four months TODAY for bilaterals, am back to work full time. I'm wondering how other bilats feel or felt at this stage in recovery? I'm still going to PT twice a week , they say I'm doing great. I just am getting inpatient with my stamina, tolerance or whatever you might call it...
  2. Dog Lover

    TKR Dog lover's recovery page

    Airport was a piece of cake. Full body scan and no problems.
  3. Dog Lover

    TKR Dog lover's recovery page

    So, I'm flying for the first time since BTKR Curious, is it automatic that these new knees will set off the detectors?
  4. Dog Lover

    TKR Ladyfleur's Roller Coaster Recover

    I would follow up ASAP with another, reputable OS. it's crazy to be discharged after six weeks! My OS saw me at 6, 12 and will see me again at 20 weeks. Hope all goes well.
  5. Dog Lover

    Bilateral TKR Howard's BTKR Update

    Great to know. BOY, WHAT A GAME TO SEE IN PERSON. I was so happy that it was televised in NC. a little stiffness would have been worth seeing that game. Glad you had a good experience.
  6. Dog Lover

    Bilateral TKR Howard's BTKR Update

    Good luck with your recovery, Howard. I too, am from suburban Philly and lied there most of my life. My family is still there. Sounds like you are doing great, keep it up. GO EAGLES! Week one was awesome.
  7. Dog Lover

    Immunizations?

    Diva I have the same questions. I am a nurse and it is mandatory at our hospital for all employees to get a flu shot unless there is a medical reason not to.......I see my surgeon tomorrow and plan to ask him. I will post his response. We will see!
  8. Dog Lover

    TKR Dog lover's recovery page

    I'm wondering when those who have had bilaterals returned to work? Of course, for those who are still working.....I know there are many variables, but just interested to see the timeframe in which others have returned. I see my surgeon Thursday and I am hoping he lets me return to work. I am...
  9. Dog Lover

    Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

    Hi Janet Hope you are feeling better by now. I, too, went to the pool yesterday with PT and did all of those same things you mentioned . this was only my second appt with them and last night I was terribly uncomfortable. She told me I would be sore. I think the water lulls us into a feeling of...
  10. Dog Lover

    Which OTC anti inflammatory is best??

    Hi all I am about to complete week 11 this Wednesday. I go to PT twice a week and have now started WATER PT, which I would highly recommend if your OS agrees, it feels wonderful. With regard toain meds, I am now only taking ibuprofen 600 three times a day. I've stopped taking Tylenol, because...
  11. Dog Lover

    Bilateral TKR Journey Continuing June 4th, 2012

    Janet, sounds Ike you are still doing great. Good luck going back to PT. I think of it as a love, hate relationship. Does the tramadol work well for you? Have you experienced any side effects from it? I'm thinking of starting it soon as the Tylenol and Advil aren't working so well.
  12. Dog Lover

    Which OTC anti inflammatory is best??

    I'm considering taking tramadol for the first time and was wondering what the side effects are. I'm not interested in any weird feelings again. I hated taking the narcotics. Thx for your info.
  13. Dog Lover

    TKR Dog lover's recovery page

    Thanks so much DL. I haven't pick up the prescription yet, so m not sure which does he has prescribed. I can't take it if it make me loopy as I am driving now and hope to be back to work, at least on a very part time basis. I hope you continue to feel great! Give that cute little one a big...
Back
Top Bottom