Recent content by Dlekapj

  1. Dlekapj

    PKR 11 months post op problem...

    I'm putting this out here, just to hold myself accountable. Even since my doctor's appt and his diagnosis of what is going on with my knee, I've been in a funk. I'm not going to allow myself to do this!!! So. Please allow me to say this here and NOW. I will eat right, starting RIGHT NOW...
  2. Dlekapj

    PKR It's a knees up - SuperSnappers recovery

    @SuperSnapper , question for you. I'm 11 months into my PKR. I won't go into my issues on your thread, but you say that your knee hardly ever crosses your mind these days. Does that mean that it just feels like a normal knee should feel? You don't notice it much at all? I've thought (found...
  3. Dlekapj

    TKR Bluejuju's Recovery Thread

    I haven't been able to comfortably kneel on my knee at all since surgery! In fact... I don't know where I got the idea, but I didn't think I was supposed to kneel on it! Do they have you do this often?
  4. Dlekapj

    TKR Putting my best foot forward

    wow @simryg .. since recovering from my PKR, I've fallen off the radar here and spent my spare time on FB. With some current issues going on, I've returned and wanted to not just concentrate of myself, but see how others are doing and yours is the first thread that I've actually read all the...
  5. Dlekapj

    PKR 11 months post op problem...

    oh my.. @Angel1978 I am going to have to go to your thread now and read your story.
  6. Dlekapj

    PKR 11 months post op problem...

    pshewwwww.... I'm taking all this in. I took a nap this afternoon (I never do that) but dreampt that my I went running and was turning to take a route that I knew no one would look for me on (trying to hide what I was doing from my family) and my daughter caught me just as I was turning. I...
  7. Dlekapj

    PKR 11 months post op problem...

    Thank you for responding @Josephine . I guess wishing won't change things :( My daughter has an elliptical that I can use until I reinstate my gym membership, and she also has a pool. I do have alternatives, but maybe one day, I'll inherit a small fortune from a distant relative and be able to...
  8. Dlekapj

    PKR 11 months post op problem...

    Thank you everyone! I'm just having to find a new me... running is such a big part of my life, and I'm actually thinking ...an addiction. And, it's so much harder when I feel great! Yes, there is some achie feeling, but my knee feels really good now, especially compared to how it was before...
  9. Dlekapj

    PKR 11 months post op problem...

    Well... I'm back again. 11 months post op and I went Friday for my check up on my PKR. I was totally expecting the surgeon to tell me that I was doing absolutely awesome and keep up whatever I've been doing. But. It didn't happen. But, first I guess I should tell you a little of what I've...
  10. Dlekapj

    PKR 11 months post op problem...

    Thank you @kneeper never having been through this, I don't know what's normal and what's not and I've not actually seen the doctor since the operation!!
  11. Dlekapj

    PKR 11 months post op problem...

    Hi all! It's been a while since I've posted as I've had nothing much of interest to post about. Last Friday I was released form PT 5 weeks post op. My range of motion is up to 135 and I'm doing remarkably well. I still don't do a whole lot of walking around or standing as the knee tends to...
  12. Dlekapj

    PKR 11 months post op problem...

    I do ice the front and back, I've been pretty consistent with that. No, I do the PT that I've been instructed to do, but I was doing it with less pain last week than I am this week. For an example, with the heel slide, I can get it up to a pretty good angle, but when I start to slide back...
  13. Dlekapj

    PKR 11 months post op problem...

    Hi all! 3 weeks post surgery and doing well, but my next doctor appt isn't for a while (like 3 more weeks!) and I have an issue that I don't know is an issue or not. I had to miss PT Thursday to care for my daughter (momma of new baby) as she had a terrible case of the stomach virus that is...
  14. Dlekapj

    PKR 11 months post op problem...

    So lots of icing and constant elevation and all is much better now. Lesson learned. I can't go by how I'm feeling at the moment, it's a healing in progress. I know where my children get it from.
  15. Dlekapj

    PKR 11 months post op problem...

    Thank you for the quick response. For some reason I'm very emotional right now. I haven't hurt like this for days and I don't want to psychoanalyze myself but I needed to hear this from you. A solid reason of what and why. My soft tissues and bones are still in that healing phase, I forget...
Back
Top Bottom