PKR 11 months post op problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't posted much as there hasn't been much to post! I think I am the perfect PKR case! Everything has gone so well! Yesterday at therapy my ROM were 1* and 110*. My therapist said that's the best he's ever seen 7 days post surgery! My problem right now is the constipation. I can't seem to get anything to work.. well, to be honest I've only used ducalax . But I've taken it 3 nights now and very little action. I'd welcome any suggestions.

My daughter is at the hospital right now. They started the pitocin at 7:30 and broke her water at 8, so I'm planning on heading there around 10:30 or so. This will be my first trip out. I plan on using the wheel chair to get to her room, but I'll have my walker. I really could walk ok right now, but I was told NOT TO until given the go ahead, to let it heal.

But anyway, another video. My therapist was so awesome.

https://vid8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/dlekapj/therapymovie.mp4
 
That is a terrific video. How special is that? Love it! Congratulations!!
 
You're doing great!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 11 months post op problem...


Meet Naomi Teigan O'Connor :loll::loveshwr: My daughter had an amazing delivery. She was induced at 7:30, got an epidural at 9:30, and felt NO pain and they had to tell her to push at 11:30 (4 TIMES) to deliver her at 11:32. I definitely walked too much (with the walker) and am paying for it tonight, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Much love to all! She is beautiful. Nothing as special in our lives as babies. Xoxoxo
 
All is going very well with my healing from the PKR. I had my bandage removed for the first time yesterday and was able to see my battle wound and am very happy with it. I think my doctor is some kind of amazing. After it was removed I had my 2nd out of house PT session and it went well. They are very good and never press me to do more than I should, but press me to do what I can. My flexation was 125 today! They are all kind of impressed and all I can think is that it was good that I was able to go into this in good physical shape to start with. The right side of my knee is numb and I really hope that I get the feeling back, wondering how long that may take. Also, I realize that it's going to take some work to get my leg to straighten out as it was 8* off with a cold measurement and no pressure trying to push it down. So, all in all, I'm very happy with where I am. I'm going to dump my oxycodones that I have left, they changed me to Norco but I really only need it before PT, Ibruprophen800 works fine all the rest of the time now.
[Bonesmart.org] 11 months post op problem...


[Bonesmart.org] 11 months post op problem...
 
I don't know if I should start a new thread with this question, but, I'll ask here anyway. I've been pretty much home bound except for going to the doctor last Thursday and PT on Tuesday and Thursday after the doc visit. Today was the first time I've been out for church. I didn't bring anything extra for supporting my leg, I just felt I'd be ok. Well, our services aren't short. I was in Sunday School from 9:30-10:30 and then church lasted until 12:45. I felt great until the last hour and it was down hill from there. By the time we got home, I was wishing for a wheel chair. I immediately got in my recliner with ice and elevated and there was no way I could go to the evening services. Is this normal? Surgery was 17 days ago and I'm walking with just a cane now and I really didn't need it (until today). PT told me to take it when I went out, mainly to let other people be aware to be careful around me.
 
Despite your very good early recovery, your soft tissues and bones are still in the early healing phase from the surgical trauma. You were up too long. 3+ hours w/o elevating and walking/weight bearing during some of that time? Stay in that recliner and keep the ice on. You'll be fine, but maybe a bit more swollen and less flexible for a bit.
 
Thank you for the quick response. For some reason I'm very emotional right now. I haven't hurt like this for days and I don't want to psychoanalyze myself but I needed to hear this from you. A solid reason of what and why. My soft tissues and bones are still in that healing phase, I forget that when it feels so good normally. Ice and elevation.
 
So right. :ice: Sometimes just having your leg down is as bad or worse than too much walking around.
 
That's what we are here for. You may have a bit of a setback on flexion if you caused lingering swelling, but don't worry it will go way as long as you rest (hopefully it's better even by tomorrow). Next Sunday, don't do what you did today. That can wait until you are months out. Best wishes.
 
What you've experienced is completely normal!! You are just a tad over 2 weeks out from major surgery. Please go back and reread those recovery articles I posted for you in post #3....especially the one on how long healing takes. I would have been surprised after all that time at church if you DIDN'T hurt like crazy!!! Please give yourself some more time and ease into these activities. And, yes....where joint replacements are concerned, sitting upright for longer than an hour is actually an activity!!!
 
So lots of icing and constant elevation and all is much better now. Lesson learned. I can't go by how I'm feeling at the moment, it's a healing in progress. I know where my children get it from.
 
Hi all! 3 weeks post surgery and doing well, but my next doctor appt isn't for a while (like 3 more weeks!) and I have an issue that I don't know is an issue or not. I had to miss PT Thursday to care for my daughter (momma of new baby) as she had a terrible case of the stomach virus that is going around. Her husband then got it, so I'm hoping I don't! But anyway, I couldn't ask PT either and my next PT is Tuesday..so here I am!
I know that tightness is common, but I have such a tightness in the back of my leg and also in the inside of my leg that it's a stinging pain when I do my PT or even just try to straighten out my leg. It feels like a tendon is about to rip or something. I don't want to let it affect my PT but it is. Normal?
 
Pain and tightness in the back of the knee is pretty common. Be sure when you ice you're also icing the back of your knee. When you say it's affecting your PT do you mean you can't do what the therapist wants you to do? or that you want to do more, but it hurts?
 
I do ice the front and back, I've been pretty consistent with that. No, I do the PT that I've been instructed to do, but I was doing it with less pain last week than I am this week. For an example, with the heel slide, I can get it up to a pretty good angle, but when I start to slide back down, the pain is really bad, so I just kind of go half way back down before sliding back up again when I do it. If I massage behind my knee, I can then straighten it out afterwards, but it's much more painful that it was before.
 
^I think maybe @Josephine will have some questions and answers for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom