Recent content by dkirk0530

  1. dkirk0530

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    @apeach I worked with a doc at emorys spine and joint via executive park offices. He does the boot version interior! That was my wish after researching and glad I did that! In box me for more info. I have returned to him for my knee and had good news no osteo! Just a tear so need a shot or...
  2. dkirk0530

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    @CricketHip awwwww thanks. I am so happy to help. My hip journey was very scary and I searched and searched for people like me. Bonesmart was my saving grace. I was on quite a bit and wanted to build a story to help others through some of those ups and downs and scary nights after the thp...
  3. dkirk0530

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    @apeach so sorry! Rarely on bone smart these days. I'm going to write more after I get on my laptop. Emory is my saving grace. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. dkirk0530

    THR Me2 and Recovery

    Hey there have had the same pain in thigh to left of my left knee. Wanted to check back in today after 20 mos! I'm walking a lot and overall doing well but then I get this terrific pain above and around the knee. I agree seems like soft tissue pain but it is alarming at first. I'm also...
  5. dkirk0530

    Mattress Topper Suggestions

    Sleep number girl here! Best for back and hip! Love it but gotta get past paying a lot for an air mattress! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. dkirk0530

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    So had my year and three months check point for my thr! God is good! Down 25lbs! Walking 5ks regularly. Feeling and looking so much better. Had a friend stop me twice this week to tell me how great I looked! What she sees on outside is great but how I feel on inside so much better! Doc said...
  7. dkirk0530

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    One year ago today I had my hip replaced! Life is good! Life is grand! I've never been so happy to have an anniversary like this one! I just posted the below on Facebook and wanted to share! God speed "You need to take 4 mins and watch this one! It's sooooo true! The ego very hard to...
  8. dkirk0530

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    11 months post op! Woo hoo! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. dkirk0530

    Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

    Just checked in and saw your post!! Awesome news! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. dkirk0530

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    Thanks all! Okay so have to tell you! I finished the 3.1 miles in 47.21 average of 15.17 per mile! This pace is better than I did before hip pain! I'm super psyched with that pace. It'd be great to be able to run but I am just pleased with my progress and will let that dream go. So happy...
  11. dkirk0530

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    Okay so it's been awhile. Thought is let everyone know that's still knows my tale. Today marks a huge milestone for me. Today walking the Macon Georgia Labor Day road race. Key here is walking and not dropping off the family for their annual run. I'm in it this time and not to win it...just...
  12. dkirk0530

    THR Me2 and Recovery

    9 months out.. no looking back.. life is sweet again.. still recall certain places/locations where pain hit me..national parks, local parks, beach, etc.. feel sad that I lost so many years! go for it and be free! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  13. dkirk0530

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    @MarjorHeidi Gorgeous shot!!!
  14. dkirk0530

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    The beach is a photographers dream.. given that you are sharing photos of DW beach, here's another.
  15. dkirk0530

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    Oh you must go @MajorHeidi ask at the front desk. It's a beautiful but yet weird beach on JI, far side towards St. Simons Island end. It's near villa by the sea town homes. You will be VERY amazed at the changes to the island. There is a new convention center as well as a WESTON hotel going up...
Back
Top Bottom