Recent content by Devka56

  1. Devka56

    Revision TKR Devka's LTKR revision on Oct 28:

    Thank You, hate being so paranoid but with pain similar to that prior to revision I can get overly concerned. Do you think more easy exercises and stretches would move this pain along?
  2. Devka56

    Revision TKR Devka's LTKR revision on Oct 28:

    Just at 12 weeks, doing a bit of walking and some exercises at home, nothing outrageous. Wanted to ask about pain levels at this stage. There are times when pain is located in the same areas as before revision, where things were loose and sunken into bone. is this pain reminding me of the...
  3. Devka56

    TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

    I am so sorry for your heartaches. But sounds that all of you have each other for love, understanding, support and encouragement. I also find the evenings to be exhausting and painful. Trying to remain positive and patient through everything. Not always easy to do but its only been 7 weeks...
  4. Devka56

    TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

    Hey there Glamg1979! checking in with you. And we are still very early in the recovery process. Each of us is very different but for the most part those stages of recovery that Josephine lists covers the recovery timeline. The hardest for me to remember is that with these good days there will...
  5. Devka56

    TKR Midwest Girl - Round 2 Recovery

    Hope sleep finally found you. I don't live in the snowy areas but it sounds really tricky. So if you have to go out I agree with KarriB to use one of the assisting devices, if for nothing else the security and peace of mind.
  6. Devka56

    Revision TKR Devka's LTKR revision on Oct 28:

    I am so thankful for the this website and all the leaders and moderators that help keep us sane with their work on this site. Because without reading the many stories and experiences of those that contribute, then lying here today with some unexpected pain and swelling I would think...
  7. Devka56

    Revision TKR Dutch's Recovery - Onward and Upward

    WOW you're the bomb, what a fantastic report. How was your ROM before surgery? I'm at home doing my PT so I hope I can continue improving and you're quite the inspiration.
  8. Devka56

    Revision TKR Devka's LTKR revision on Oct 28:

    Hello Glamg1979!!!!!!!!!!! WOW it has been 6 weeks. Most days I just don't even try to explain this procedure, it just becomes exhausting. I'm now doing PT at home on my own. I have a few bands and a bike in an extra room, so I go in and turn on TV or some music and do a few exercises. So far my...
  9. Devka56

    Revision TKR Devka's LTKR revision on Oct 28:

    Well, almost 6 weeks and finally home from sister's, ended up she really wasn't part of my recovery, she just didn't understand the seriousness of the surgery. Friday was my first follow up and had lots of questions. My os was so patient in answering all my questions and explained my procedure...
  10. Devka56

    TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

    That's Fantastic:walking::wow:
  11. Devka56

    Revision TKR Devka's LTKR revision on Oct 28:

    hey newlybionic looking forward to your picture of your yorkie Have a restful evening
  12. Devka56

    Revision TKR Devka's LTKR revision on Oct 28:

    my doctor has me on the warfarin and the home health nurse checks my blood twice a week, she said my doctor is one of the few that uses medication other than plain old aspirin, I am thankful my doc has me on this as I've not really worried about the clots as much and this will be the last week...
  13. Devka56

    Revision TKR Devka's LTKR revision on Oct 28:

    My last in home PT tomorrow and will begin going out to PT on Thursday. Having all kinds of days. Really good ones, pretty good ones, fair ones, and then flat out bad days. and with each one I try to remember each of these days gets me closer to recovery.
  14. Devka56

    TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

    Hello Glamg1979 and newlybionic, wanted to check in and read how you were doing. That energy level is quite difficult to regain. Still struggling with it. I find myself fearful any time there is new or different pain in or around this knee. I continue to ice, elevate. and rest. Staying positive...
  15. Devka56

    Revision TKR Dutch's Recovery - Onward and Upward

    So sorry to hear that. Hopefully this is just part of the knee trying to take care of itself. Will be very interested in what you find out tomorrow morning. Keep us informed as I am a bit more than a week behind you. I begin out patient therapy Thursday.:what: :doh:
Back
Top Bottom