Recent content by Desertgal

  1. Desertgal

    MUA My 2nd Journey Begins

    Well, it has been 9 months since my revision!! Every time I compare today to 12 months ago; I can not believe how my life has improved. I am a "walking" miracle. It might not be the perfect knee; but for me; it is way better than I ever thought it would be. My every day life continues to get...
  2. Desertgal

    Revision TKR Hood1980’s Revision

    Oh @Hood1980, I just want to give you a big hug! We go into these revisions because something is not right, and truly believe it can only get better. Time is still on you side. You are only in your 7th month post-op; a long ways from completely healed. Take time for yourself now. A little TLC...
  3. Desertgal

    MUA My 2nd Journey Begins

    Hello friends! It has been awhile. Tomorrow is my 6-month kneeversery since my revision and wanted to provide an update and maybe a little encouragement to those just beginning? My last PT was 2/27, so I have been on my own for a month. I have created a routine of 10 minutes on my recumbent...
  4. Desertgal

    MUA My 2nd Journey Begins

    Happy New Year everyone! Well, I had my last appointment with my surgeon yesterday. He has released me!! Oh, what a feeling:happydance::happydance:He wants me to continue with PT, to continue to work on my gait. I have walked so bad for so long it will take a while to un-do my bad habits and...
  5. Desertgal

    MUA My 2nd Journey Begins

    Hi BoneSmart friends. An update on my progress. I am 11weeks post op today and was measured at 113 degrees flextion today. I returned to part time work last week. 4 hours a day, only twice a week. That will be my schedule until mid-January when I must go full time. Hubs got me a recumbent bike...
  6. Desertgal

    MUA My 2nd Journey Begins

    Hello fellow BoneSmarties!! Time to give an update on my journey. I am 9 weeks out from my revision surgery. I measured 111 flexion today. Still not straight on extension, but continue to work on it. I continue to be amazed at my progress. Today at pt, I was put on the up-right bike for the...
  7. Desertgal

    PKR PKR Success - 1 yr out.

    More steps to “normalcy”!:yay:
  8. Desertgal

    MUA My 2nd Journey Begins

    Hello BoneSmart friends! It’s been awhile and a lot has happened so it is time for me to give an update. To day is 7 weeks post revision surgery. I had my 6-week check up last week and OS was not happy with ROM of 76. His concern was, with my history of adhesions, I was going down that path...
  9. Desertgal

    Revision TKR Hood1980’s Revision

    Hi @Hood1980, what an encouraging update! I can’t wait to get back in the pool. I have a few more weeks to go. You are headed in the right direction, keep going!!:yay:
  10. Desertgal

    TKR TS’s lopsided recovery'

    Hello @traceys, just want to add my thoughts to your recovery. This knee recovery is 50% mental. We are human and want and need encouragement and inspiration to keep going. After all, what else can we do but keep going. The last thing we need is to have others throw up walls and unreasonable...
  11. Desertgal

    Revision TKR Hood1980’s Revision

    Fabulous news!! What a great report! Now, take a deep breath and start walking. Sounds like you have a perfect plan that is working. :dancy:
  12. Desertgal

    TKR I’m so glad I found this site

    Hi @Carnel00, welcome to BoneSmart! We might have had our surgery on the same day since I am 4 weeks post op today also. Hang in there, you are early, early in this long recovery. Patience is your friend. As long as you are icing, elevating, and doing minimal moving about in your daily life...
  13. Desertgal

    MUA My 2nd Journey Begins

    Hello all, I haven’t posted in a while. Today is 4 weeks post-op. PT measured me at 73 flexion. I’ll take it! Sleep is getting better and better. 6 to 7 hours before the stiffness wakes me up and I need to get up and walk around. I have reduced my Norco down to 2 per day, 8:00 pm and 2:00 am...
  14. Desertgal

    Revision TKR Hood1980’s Revision

    Hello @Hood1980, don’t get discouraged! I know the healing process is slow, but remember some of your muscles and ligaments have not been used for awhile. It is going to take time. You can get to 90 fextion. Celebrate that! I am at 73 and I am over the moon happy about it; considering where...
  15. Desertgal

    TKR Beachy in recovery<

    Hope you are in your own bed tonight!:sleep:
Back
Top Bottom