Recent content by DesertDiva

  1. D

    THR DesertDiva's Recovery Thread

    March 1st Update First of all, thanks to @Layla for wishing me a Happy Two Month Anniversary. Stopping Physical Therapy A couple of weeks ago I completely stopped Home Physical Therapy. The P.T. was nice enough, but he had me doing exercises/stretches that put me in more pain afterwards. I...
  2. D

    THR My Recovery Journey

    @Sweetpea39 - Wow, you're "on" for tomorrow. Sending you some :flwrysmile: as well as healing prayers and thoughts for your big day. It's normal to be nervous, but I'm sure you'll do well.
  3. D

    THR My Recovery Journey

    I'm not a forum moderator, but someone will instruct you to probably post in the pre-surgery area along with which hip and the surgery date in your forum signature. You've posted in the post surgery recovery area. Don't worry, the moderators will help and point you in the right direction...
  4. D

    13 year old with AVN of hip

    I'm so very sorry to hear about your daughter. I found out last August (after shuffling though doctors and physical therapy) that I had AVN in both hips and have now had both hips replaced. There are actually four stages of AVN (I was stage 4 - the end stage) and I think that might be a reason...
  5. D

    THR DesertDiva's Recovery Thread

    Birthday Update... I've been MIA lately because I was a little embarrassed about replying to comments and using the quote feature (which apparently I was doing wrong). I've also been in a bit of a funk lately as I've read about the sad loss of more than one person. My oldest brother in...
  6. D

    THR VSlowLife's Pre-op Questions

    @VSlowLife - Each time I was in the hospital for my hip replacement surgeries, I had a visit (and handouts) from the dietician. They really stress making sure that you get sufficient protein as it apparently helps with healing. Throughout my whole hip replacement journey from initial symptoms...
  7. D

    THR DesertDiva's Recovery Thread

    It's My Three Week "Hip-a-Versary" Today marks three weeks since I underwent my second (right) total hip replacement. When I read about individual struggles, sometimes I feel ashamed and embarrassed. My second hip replacement recovery (so far) has progressed much the same as my first in...
  8. D

    THR BruceH After THR Recovery

    I have to say that pre-surgery I bought a couple of boxes of sensitive, unscented baby wipes. They're great for spot cleaning under your arms and those um... "special places." I actually carry some in my RV, and they're great for feeling fresh - especially on warm days...
  9. D

    THR Fisaly's AVN, now THR

    @fisaly - Avascular necrosis (AVN) is one of the most difficult challenges I've ever had in my life. I'm sure that you're experiencing pain as well as being nervous about the outcome. I had my left hip replaced on 09/24/19 and my right hip replaced on 12/30/19. It's normal to be nervous, but...
  10. D

    THR Am I thinking of surgery too soon?

    @dunestar - I'm sorry that you have to have a hip replacement and that you're experiencing pain. Many of us know that feeling all too well, and some of us (me) had avascular necrosis (AVN) and had no choice as to whether to have surgery if we wanted to live a pain free quality life. You're...
  11. D

    THR 49 y/o LTHR After AVN Recovery thread

    @Prem1234 - Welcome to the healing side. I'm sorry that you're experiencing pain, but hang in there as it's usually only a short roller coaster ride. My "log leg" experience wasn't one of pain, it was just like my brain couldn't communicate to my leg to "lift" at all. I'm a little over two...
  12. D

    THR DesertDiva's Recovery Thread

    Two Week Post Surgery Visit with OS Today was my two-week post surgery visit with my OS. The office called me a few minutes before my appointment saying the x-ray tech was out sick (and they couldn't get a sub) so I would just get a wound check, etc... today. Wow, it was so good to shower...
  13. D

    THR Need THR and I'm really concerned

    @skye_56 - Congratulations on your upcoming surgery and your journey to becoming pain free. I think pre-surgery anxiety is pretty common for most people, but try to relax and not "borrow trouble" as the saying goes. Google is a wonderful tool, but try not to "go there" until after your surgery.
  14. D

    THR BruceH After THR Recovery

    What a relief! Take care and rest well...
Back
Top Bottom