Recent content by Debru4

  1. Debru4

    THR Counting My Blessings

    Greetings @Layla, I'm continuing to do well and often forget I've even had the surgery --of course I am taking things slowly in terms of how far I walk, not carrying heavy things, and really watching when I go up and down the stairs. I'm sure when I increase those things, I'll become more aware...
  2. Debru4

    THR Counting My Blessings

    Thanks @Legseleven. The night I posted I had started to wonder about the incision, and as things often go, I woke the next morning and all of the redness was gone. Go figure---kind of like when you take your kids (or your pet) to the doctor because they are sick, and when you get there they...
  3. Debru4

    THR Counting My Blessings

    Thanks, @Layla! Things are continuing to go well! Nice to have the first month behind me. Today I went to a gathering of some folks from my high school graduating class.The theme was "The class of 1972 turns 72". It was great fun! We were all amused by the discussions about which body parts...
  4. Debru4

    THR Counting My Blessings

    @Layla asked me in an earlier post about the differences between my two hip replacements, with one surgeon not suggesting early PT and the other one wanting his patients to do it twice a week for 4 weeks. I would say that this hip recovery has gone even better than the first, but I can't say...
  5. Debru4

    THR Counting My Blessings

    Just checking back in for an update. My surgery was 3 1/2 weeks ago and I continue to do really well. I am incredibly relieved, as I am 8 years older than I was for my first one in 2018 and am recovering even faster than before. There have been a couple of questions asked that I wanted to get...
  6. Debru4

    THR Counting My Blessings

    Thanks @Layla. Let's change the thread title to "Counting My Blessings" because that is exactly what I am doing! :loveshwr:I am doing really well and am so very relieved! I had my first in-home PT session today and it was helpful with NO extra pain. Following my first hip, my surgeon did not...
  7. Debru4

    THR Counting My Blessings

    Thanks @Layla for the review materials. Since I have a different surgeon and he has some different protocols, reading through these things will be especially helpful. Yes, @Jamie and @Layla, I would like to change my thread title. As a newbie, I didn't realize 8 years ago it would follow me...
  8. Debru4

    THR Counting My Blessings

    Post surgery update: Just checking in to report that my left hip replacement on Wednesday went well! I'm incredibly relieved that the medications I was prescribed really enabled me to manage the pain without having to take stronger opioids. I was really concerned heading into surgery, given what...
  9. Debru4

    THR Counting My Blessings

    Thanks for the encouragement @Layla! Despite this hip being worse than my first one eight years ago, I've actually had a bit less pain with it, but I will be so glad when this surgery is done! I had to stop taking my Celebrex several days ago, and boy can I tell how much it was helping. I'm...
  10. Debru4

    THR Elf1 Recovery Road

    I am the same way with my right hip, which was replaced 8 years ago. I rarely give it a thought, and am so grateful that I had it done, and that it was so successful. I'm preparing to have the left one done in early August. It went from just fine to falling apart faster than I'd have believed...
  11. Debru4

    THR Now my other side hurts.

    Great news that your hip replacement was so successful, and that you were able to enjoy your trip to Alaska. Bummer that the other hip has called it quits on you sooner than you'd hoped, but it may turn out to be a blessing, as you'll have them both done and will be in great shape by the time...
  12. Debru4

    THR Counting My Blessings

    Thanks @Layla for your note. I just joined the Insiders Club--I have no doubt the extra information and access will be helpful as I go through this next hip replacement! I agree 100% that 8 years ago the doctor was sharing what he saw at the time, and likely was so surprised not to see the...
  13. Debru4

    THR Now my other side hurts.

    I was just rereading some of your earlier posts, since I haven't been on here in awhile. When I had x-rays and an MRI for my right hip in 2018, my doctor commented on how unusual it was that my right hip was bone on bone, with no cartilage remaining, while my left hip looked "perfect". He said...
  14. Debru4

    THR Now my other side hurts.

    My surgeon felt very strongly that PT was not necessary, or even helpful following a hip replacement. His belief was that simply doing daily life activities, gradually as I felt able, was the best "therapy". Walking, first in the home, and later outdoors, climbing steps when able, doing...
  15. Debru4

    Fractured Neck of Femur/Pinning Dynamic Hip Screw

    You are an inspiration---the way you keep addressing each issue that comes up in a positive, focused way. It is so frustrating to have the domino effect happen when you already are struggling. Your multiple surgeries/injuries sound so difficult. Hopefully you'll keep making progress and will...
Back
Top Bottom