Recent content by daykat

  1. daykat

    THR One week on...

    Thanks ByGosh for your encouragement. Grandson is Sam, 7 months old now. Very very precious, he was an IVF baby, which makes him even more of a miracle. Poor baby had surgery today to correct a problem with his bladder which led to reflux of the kidney. We have known of this problem since...
  2. daykat

    THR One week on...

    Thank you Poppet. Really do appreciate your support.
  3. daykat

    THR One week on...

    4 + weeks post surgery, lots of milestones ! First dinner out at the local cafe, first car ride to Bunbury(35 km away) to visit my Gorgeous Grandson, first totally independent shower and dressing (with the help of my trusty dressing stick!). Went to Perth (2.5 hours drive) yesterday for review...
  4. daykat

    THR A Bionic Octopus!

    Octopus, yes Capel is about 35 km from Donnybrook, lovely little town. We have had good rains recently too, after a very long hot and dry summer, and it's so nice to see everything so green. Wildflower season in WA is extraordinary, definitely recommended. September - October is I think the...
  5. daykat

    How do you cope with......

    Any other Aussies here? Vetgirl, daykat here from Western Australia. I'm 3 weeks post surgery and like you (and I suspect most of us) I was terrified of the surgery, but it wasn't anywhere near as horrendous as I expected. (though I am glad I didn't watch videos of hip surgery BEFORE the...
  6. daykat

    THR A Bionic Octopus!

    Hi Octopus, I am full of admiration for your art journals! They look so beautiful and creative, and would certainly work miracles to distract you from this slow recovery period. I got enthusiastic a while ago and bought a journal and some paints but didn't get any further - life sort of got in...
  7. daykat

    THR Littlejem is on the move!!

    Hi Littlejem, I noticed you are from Wiltshire in the UK. I lived in Wiltshire as a child before my family migrated to Australia when I was 11 - I remember it as a beautiful green and gentle place. We lived in a picture book small village near Warminster, near Longleat. Where are you? Good...
  8. daykat

    THR One week on...

    Yes, ByGosh, that's me with Grandson Sam, when he was only a few weeks old. He's now a strapping 6 months old, desperately trying to crawl. I'm looking forward to the day when I can get down on the floor with him!
  9. daykat

    THR Happy again - my crying days are over!

    Hello, Nylsor. Your story of misdiagnosis reminds me so much of my experience. I have degenerative spinal condition and for years the doctors, specialists, paramedics all put my severe hip and leg symptoms down to my back. It eventually took a chiropractor, who I consulted out of sheer...
  10. daykat

    THR One week on...

    Hi everyone, thank you all for all your support and encouragement. Have been quiet for a bit as I come to grips with what is happening. 3 weeks post op now and I am feeling a bit stronger, sleeping is still an issue, pain not so severe. Heading in the right direction. I do get impatient...
  11. daykat

    THR One week on...

    Thanks for all the positive comments and encouragement. Like most of us things are going in fits and starts, some days I am doing great guns, other times feeling weak and feeble and discouraged. I'm beginning to realise this is all normal, and learning to go with the flow, rest when I need to...
  12. daykat

    THR One week on...

    Hi all, I'm delighted to report I actually got 4 hours sleep last night - I packed myself up with all sorts of pillows and bolsters, including one designed for pregnant women given to me by my beautiful daughter, and I managed to sleep! I feel like a different person today! The same beautiful...
  13. daykat

    THR One week on...

    Thank you everyone for your welcome and advice. I feel not quite so alone and isolated now. I've now read the articles recommended by Sharon, and have taken to heart everyone's comments about pain management, and taking pain meds by the clock rather than by some probably flawed assessment of...
  14. daykat

    THR One week on...

    I had my new hip just a week ago, was discharged from hospital day 3, with a 2.5 hour journey home. Coping reasonably well, but glad I stumbled on this forum. I was trying to be stoical about taking pain meds but after reading various comments here realise that is not a sensible approach. My...
Back
Top Bottom