Recent content by DaveL

  1. DaveL

    THR I made it.....

    Hi Chas, I would just like to weigh in on the PT issue. I started out patient PT the week after my surgery and was approved for twelve sessions. My recovery improved very rapidly and after eight sessions I had them set me up with some light gym exercises and pulled the plug on the remaining...
  2. DaveL

    THR Waterskiing 6 months after double THR - Jetlag

    Now that's what we're talking about! Good going!
  3. DaveL

    THR Aloha From The Other Side

    Hi Deb. Your six weeker sounds great. Now that your doing PT, I'm sure you will start seeing some real improvement. Won't be long you will be saying good bye to the cane. I'm a week behind you and started my PT my first week home. Strange how every doc set their own time table for PT. Did you...
  4. DaveL

    THR Graduate Of Spring 2011 Thr Class Now A Graduate

    Hi Alicia. My OS also had me stop any OTC pain meds ten days pror to my surgery and your right it was a bear. Nothing was said about iron pills though. With my first surgery last there was minimal blood loss so maybe that was the reason. Goes to show you no two surgeries are the same.
  5. DaveL

    THR Graduate Of Spring 2011 Thr Class Now A Graduate

    Hi Cathy. Your on the money as I am flying to Hawaii. My OS told me before my surgery that his preference is six weeks, baring any complications, between my surgery and flying. I have an appointment three days before I leave so he will have the final say so. I generally feel pretty good so...
  6. DaveL

    THR Graduate Of Spring 2011 Thr Class Now A Graduate

    Hi all and thanks for the helpful replies. I had my BP checked today and it was 111/66, which is not bad except that I normally have high BP which is controlled with meds. That being said it is probably a little low for me. This issue doesn't happen every time and I don't feel as though I'm...
  7. DaveL

    THR Graduate Of Spring 2011 Thr Class Now A Graduate

    Hello all, just shy of four weeks post opp and for the most part all is going smoothly. One nagging issue has been plaguing me since my surgery. Often times when stand from a sitting position I find myself getting light headed. This also often happens if I exert myself to much during therapy...
  8. DaveL

    THR Thank you so much Hippies.

    Hi Pam welcome to the club. Good to see you are home and starting your rehab. Believe me the worst is now behind you. All of us have been where your are and felt the fears and anexity you feel. All normal. While we can't do this without the love and support of friends and love ones, it's good to...
  9. DaveL

    THR Graduate Of Spring 2011 Thr Class Now A Graduate

    Just shy of three weeks post op so I it's is time to update. I have been off all meds for a week now and all is well on pain issues. Ice when I feel I over do it or a litte sore. It's a big help. Pt is going well and I am approved for some light cycle and treadmill work at the gym. Feels good...
  10. DaveL

    THR Graduate Of Spring 2011 Thr Class Now A Graduate

    First pt session went without too many surprises. Pretty good range of motion for being so close to surgery. We set up some basic exercises to increase strength and flexibility. My PT took a deep breath whin I told her one of my 6 week goals is to make a pending 11 hour air flight. Hopefully by...
  11. DaveL

    THR Under 30 THR Story

    Hi Bee welcome to BoneSmart. Well young lady you just found a whole new group of friends and almost all of whom have been or are presently going thru exactly what you are. We don't judge so feel feel to ask away or just to vent if needed. Your progress sounds to to moving at a light year speed...
  12. DaveL

    THR Graduate Of Spring 2011 Thr Class Now A Graduate

    Bottom you are so correct. We have to kick in that proactive gene. By the way have you secretively been in touch with my wife? :gaah: thanks again.
  13. DaveL

    THR Graduate Of Spring 2011 Thr Class Now A Graduate

    One week today post op. scheduled to start out patatient pt tomorrow. Noticing that as the day wears on swelling increased. Now into ankle and foot. Time to ice and elevate.
  14. DaveL

    THR LTHR with bone graft March 19, 2012

    Hi Elizak, been following your thread and a good call to get back to the gym. Towards the later stages on my first THR rehab I also returned to the gym and found it to be a big help when preparing to return to work. After what our body has been through, we are pretty much forced to start...
  15. DaveL

    THR Aloha From The Other Side

    Ok mom. :tantrum:
Back
Top Bottom