Recent content by danni

  1. D

    Revision THR Just had my 2nd LTHR, am I the only one?

    Gracie, I am three years post my revision, I am playing golf, going to the gym, swimming and generally on the go, the only problem I have is that my other hip is starting to bother me. Recovery for revision is slower and in my case I had to do physio daily to get on my feet, but it was so worth...
  2. D

    Hi, Hip Revision - Ireland...Danni?

    Hi Mollie, I got to see Prof Mullhall through my private health insurance but if you can call Cappagh hospital direct and ask them which one of many consultants does the most revisions there, I figure you wont go wrong. When I was there there was a consultant by the name of Prof. John O...
  3. D

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Jyoti, thank you so much, how are you doing?
  4. D

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hi all, Just found this thread and I am so pleased to see the class of 2011 doing so well. I had revision of a 20 year old hip in may 2011 and I can honestly say that I have never been so good. There are not enough hours in my day, to fit in all my activities, walking, cycling, golf and...
  5. D

    THR To revise or not to revise? leg length issue

    Hi Daisyduke, You need to be aware that the hip will feel very off LLD wise, for quite some time. I had my operation more than one and a half years ago and my body is still adjusting. When I had the operation initially I taught I would never look or feel right, it felt like, I would need a...
  6. D

    Revision THR clicking sensation

    Hi, the clicking seems to have stopped.:)
  7. D

    Revision THR clicking sensation

    Hi, I had revision Hip replacement in May 2011. All went very well, but lately when I rotate my foot to change the gears in my car I get a clicking sensation in my joint. Should I be concerned?
  8. D

    Revision of 18 yr old cup

    Hi Trkkoa, I had a revision a year ago and it was a breeze compared to the first time. They have good anti-sickness meds now and they stay on top of pain also. I had a total revision with graft, and living life to the full again one year later. I wish you the very best.
  9. D

    Revision THR Suki Gets a Revision

    Hi Suki, I am coming up on one year post revision. I am back to normal, gardening, golfing, walking and cycling, there are not enough hours in my day. My recovery was slow, three months using aids, daily physio a few times a day for eight weeks, but it was so worth it. Do not let up on the...
  10. D

    Revision THR Nanamac's story - Part 3

    Hi Janet, I am speechless and holding my breath that this is it for you. I think I would weep if it all went pear shaped again, so fingers crossed. You have had a very hard time of late you deserve a long break.:yahoo:
  11. D

    Pregnancy?

    Hi sugaplum, Just to let you know that I had two pregnancies and they were normal deliveries, on my THR with no problems at all. Just had a revision and my youngest is 15 years old. All the best to you, Enjoy!!!
  12. D

    THR Almost a year!!

    Good for you, I know that feeling only too well. Enjoy :yahoo:!!
  13. D

    THR Almost a year!!

    The very best of luck to you Haldox.:biggrin:
  14. D

    Revision THR Nanamac's story - Part 2

    Re: This is my story Well I really HOPE this works for you Janet.:dancy:
  15. D

    Hip revision

    Hi all, today I am six months post hip revision , I went for an hour long walk to celebrate, it was wonderful i don,t think I was ever as good as I am now. I still suffer severe fatigue on average one week per month, but apart from that I really can,t complain. Thanks to all who supported me...
Back
Top Bottom