Guest viewing is limited

Hip revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headaches

I am 16 weeks out from my surgery and I have awful headaches all the time since about 10 weeks. I wake up in the morning with a foggy head and it lasts through the day with extreme tiredness. Is this normal at this stage, it is so driving me mad. My leg is doing great, even back playing golf but the tiredness means I don,t enjoy the experience. :sigh:
 
Re: Headaches

Wow danni, sorry you are suffering. Are you taking any medication now? If you can give us details I'll tag Jo so she can advise. @Josephine:
 
Re: Headaches

This is a first danni never heard of many people suffering from headaches but i am sure some of the top brass will be able to help hope this get resolved soon.
Great to hear you are back playing golf.
 
It's almost certainly nothing to do with the surgery. I have merged your last three threads (keep your posts in this thread in future please, danni) and you've made no previous mention of headaches. But you did talk a lot about limping. Do you still have a limp?

My thinking is that it could be due to your spine needing to be adjusted. I suggest you see a chiropractor.
 
No my walking is quite good now since I had PT and he is very happy with my progress. I don,t think I would be this tired if it was the spine. I cant figure if I am tired because of the headache, or the headache is causes by being tired. Its not a pain in the head as such just a foggy feeling all the time.
 
Headaches are often caused by spinal issues. And fatigue can be caused by that and the headaches.
Remember, everything is connected to everything else!
 
Well, did you have a spinal for your surgery danni? I probably shouldn't add my two cents regading a medical issue, but my daughter had a spinal for chidbirth (C-section) a few years ago and has suffered headaches ever since.

At the time, she had a terrible spinal headach, and they had to do a "patch", but I can't remember all the details. I think they re-injected her blood into the spine or something like that. I'll ask her later when she's home from work.

In any event, her girlfriend had the same thing happen. They now both get migraines and neither had them before...
 
Thanks Janet, but I only started with this a few weeks ago so i doubt it has anything to do with the spinal.
 
Danni....how are the headaches now? Still have them???
 
Oh hi Jamie, thanks for asking, I am a lot better, started over the counter Iron supplements they have helped. For a few weeks there I was being kept awake by restless leg syndrome but thankfully it cleared up. I am now sleeping well so headaches have eased.
 
Hi danni, so good to hear from you and so glad things are getting better. Sleep - it sure is key isn't it? Long may it continue :thumb:.
 
Glad to hear that, danni!!!
 
Hi all, today I am six months post hip revision , I went for an hour long walk to celebrate, it was wonderful i don,t think I was ever as good as I am now. I still suffer severe fatigue on average one week per month, but apart from that I really can,t complain. Thanks to all who supported me through the difficult times, it was very much appreciated. Good health to all of you.:ThankYou:
 
Great that your headaches are gone and you feel better. Congratulations on your 6 months. I still have fatigue too. Hopefully, it'll be better by one year lol.
 
Wonderful news, Danni!!!! You go get 'em!!!! Pretty soon you won't even feel that every-now-and-then tired feeling. You'll just feel GREAT!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom