Recent content by Cyrano

  1. Cyrano

    TKR 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.

    Oh wise one, this spoke to me today, thank you... I have hit a flatline of not enough good sleep, and struggling to climb the stairs... I have had some good moments too, but today just feeling a bit isolated. You guys being out there does help. As a retired teacher I do know that you cannot and...
  2. Cyrano

    TKR Ups and downs after 7 weeks

    I understand those feelings all too well, Deisellily.... Thinking of all you guys, have a great weekend..Thanks for advice from those with experience too, much appreciated. I don't feel as negatively about the PT's as some of you seem to. My experience has been mainly positive. I went to the...
  3. Cyrano

    TKR Ups and downs after 7 weeks

    Challock, a village 15 mins from Canterbury, and very lovely it was here today....
  4. Cyrano

    TKR Ups and downs after 7 weeks

    Ha ha !! thanks Roy, I took your comments in the spirit they were intended.... and I am grateful to you..
  5. Cyrano

    TKR Ups and downs after 7 weeks

    Mmmmm, I don't feel that I have been particularly ambitious..... but the proof is in the pudding I suppose. I am duly reprimanded... Off for a little swim/walk in the water this afternoon... It is difficult, without guidance, to get it absolutely right isn't it ? Thanks for your support/...
  6. Cyrano

    TKR Ups and downs after 7 weeks

    TKR 23 May… close to seven weeks ago. On Thursday my surgeon said that I was “Ahead of the game” and should feel a lot better in sixth months…. I have been discharged by the hospital. (124 degrees) I drove the one and half hours home from the hospital. I felt pretty good about that, went on my...
  7. Cyrano

    TKR 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.

    Thanks I will post a report of my visit, and look forward to hearing yours... best of luck...
  8. Cyrano

    TKR 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.

    I am going to meet my surgeon for my 7 week review this afternoon. Probably did too much yesterday, so a painful start to the day, and rather stiff now. Lying here icing, will do a little stretching and five mins on the exercise bike and then off to meet the man responsible for all the pain and...
  9. Cyrano

    TKR 12 Week check up, suck it up girl.

    Hi Ursula, I had a bad day too today (six weeks out) I think i did too much walking yesterday and my leg is just telling me to lay off a bit. Feel a bit guilty when I can't do the exercises I feel I need to... I know I was grumpy to my lovely wife too.... regret that, but hoping of a good...
  10. Cyrano

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Janae.. "Do you go to your gym every day or do you do some physio at home?" No, I have only had two physiotherapy sessions in 5 weeks. One I paid for and then yesterday at the "knee club" at the hospital. I have a series of exercises to do, like we all do, but to be honest I am often in pain and...
  11. Cyrano

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Thanks for contact Suzy.... a bit sore today, lots of nerve endings trying to re-connect I feel.. Have a good sleep... Everything feels different after a good sleep..
  12. Cyrano

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Well done Suzyblue and Janae, you guys are sounding very positive. I went to the Knee gym session at the hospital gym today. Still getting some sharp pains, but had a go at some step ups and a few exercises I hadn't attempted before. Physio was encouraging. Achieved 122 degrees and 5 degrees...
  13. Cyrano

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Eaglesnest.... "I am having trouble with the bend something going on with the tendons getting caught or similar " I also feel tendons are causing problems, but hope it all settles as and when swelling goes down.
  14. Cyrano

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Suzyblue.." I cant wait for the day I can have a soak in the bath" I absolutely agree, I really miss my bath, and swimming. Not that I actually swim in my bath !! I went to the Physio at the hospital today. She was very thorough and encouraging. Hurt a bit when trying to establish the strength...
  15. Cyrano

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Minpins " I am truly drained I think I hate that part most oh well I'm rambling that's how my mind is lately! Lol Paula" Cheer up babe, the nights are long, but you are not alone... thinking of you, hope you are having a better day today. Janae... well done, so pleased for you. I am four weeks...
Back
Top Bottom