Recent content by Custardcup

  1. C

    TKR On the other side of finally!

    I agree! It's been 7 months for me and I feel great. I'm back riding my road bike, just did 13 miles yesterday and 16 today. I don't even think about my new knee anymore and am soooo glad I got the operation. I still say going to Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC was the best think I could...
  2. C

    TKR Pain on the outside of the thigh

    I am 5 months post op on a right knee replacement. My recovery has been great, but I find when I ride my road bike I will get pain on and off in my upper thigh and sometimes above the incision. It doesn't last too long and feels better after I put a heating pad on it. Any ideas what it could be?
  3. C

    TKR Pain on the outside of the thigh

    went to the hospital for my 5 week check up today. X-Rays show the replacement is perfectly placed and looks great. I was told I can drive since I am not taking any medication anymore. I have ROM of 125 and 0, but I was told to keep working and it can get even better. Out patient PT is going...
  4. C

    TKR Pain on the outside of the thigh

    my knee looks great except for the areas that have to flatten down along the surgery line, how do I get them to flatten and how long does it take?
  5. C

    TKR Pain on the outside of the thigh

    I am doing fine now, went to my dermatologist today, he said it is nothing to worry about, gave me some cortisone cream to put on it and said just leave it alone. It has nothing to do with my knee, I actually have the bumps on both knees, he thinks it is just a skin dryness problem. It...
  6. C

    TKR On the other side of finally!

    I agree, getting my knee done was the best decision ever!! I am having the most wonderful recovery. I went for my first outside PT session yesterday and the PT could not believe how well I was doing for 4 1/2 weeks out. She watched me walk and started to laugh, "I've never seen anyone walking...
  7. C

    TKR On the other side of finally!

    my outside PT starts tomorrow, I am really excited to go and alittle nervous too. I will report back how it turns out when I get home. It does mean things are moving forward in the right direction and that makes me feel good. Also I see my surgeon next Tuesday for my X-Ray and hopefully final...
  8. C

    TKR Pain on the outside of the thigh

    I am seeing my dermatologist on Friday, the bumps seem to be getting alittle better, maybe I just need some time. Celle, thanks for your answer.
  9. C

    TKR Pain on the outside of the thigh

    I also think it is too widespread to be the dermabond, I have hives up to the top of my leg! I am a nervous wreck that it might be some sort of infection, don't see my surgeon again until March 8th.
  10. C

    TKR Pain on the outside of the thigh

    I forgot to include that I have extremely sensitive skin. When I get poison ivy it doesn't last a week, it will last for a month!! I have had numerous rashes etc . over the years that do not respond to the ordinary creams, etc. I am also extremely focused on anything that happens to my body...
  11. C

    TKR Pain on the outside of the thigh

    yes, I did get it all off,
  12. C

    TKR Pain on the outside of the thigh

    Has anyone ever had an allergic reaction to Dermabond? I have tiny red bumps, redness and itching around my incision. I have showed it to the surgeons office via pictures and they say it is a reaction to the Dermabond. They advised me to take the Dermabond off and rinse with Betadine. I did...
  13. C

    TKR Pain on the outside of the thigh

    Wow, I can't believe it's been 2 weeks already!! In some ways I feel like it was just yesterday. I don't see my surgeon until March 8th. I was wondering when I should start to lessen the drugs. I am on Percocet every 4 to 6 hours, I started out taking 2 every 4 hours and am now down to 1 in...
  14. C

    TKR On the other side of finally!

    well, I am 2 weeks post surgery today, don't actually start PT til next Tuesday. That will be 3 weeks after surgery. I'm looking forward to going, it's another step in the right direction. Hope you do well at your first Outpatient PT, let us know.
Back
Top Bottom