Recent content by cstreet

  1. cstreet

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hello, I was a 2011 hippy and things are great with my hip. I can walk as much as I want now and keep up with my two little boys. It's really been a life changer getting my hip replaced and I'm so glad I did not wait too long to get this done. No regrets at all! Peter
  2. cstreet

    THR Cstreet on the other side

    Hi All, Just checking in. Last week I Had a crazy business trip. I had to walk miles and miles at multiple massive airports. And.....no hip pain. It's really cool to be on the other side of this now. I still have a slight limp and my muscles and not all the way loose but doing really well. So...
  3. cstreet

    THR sleeping on surgery side

    I found after about 5 months I was able to sleep on my new hip side. I guess I could have done it before that but it was still not comforatable.
  4. cstreet

    THR Cstreet on the other side

    Hi Cardie, Still have a lift and an in shoe cookie. I am slowly feeling less lopsided so I think things are adjusting. Things are going well. I had a great day with my little boys. I got a scooter for Xmas and so did my little guys. We went scootering for an hour today something I could...
  5. cstreet

    THR Cstreet on the other side

    I was laying down for that one. I have one from three months poor where I am standing up. I could not get my leg straight at that point. Now I can get it flat on the X-ray table. Hopefully I get less tilty. Even though I got more length added my left leg is still 5cm shorter. They are having...
  6. cstreet

    THR NyLiz's Recovery

    Now you are a seasoned pro! How is your recovery going so far?
  7. cstreet

    THR Cstreet on the other side

    @Josephine: on the pelvic tilt I do feel lopsided. I really started to feel that once I stopped using the cane. Can a chiropractor speed up the "dropping" process. I feel it less and less every week but not sure if I am just getting used to it or it's adjusting.
  8. cstreet

    THR Cstreet on the other side

    When I first saw the big screw I asked about it and my OS said that he prefers one big screw vs. multiple smaller screws to avoid micro movement while the socket is getting firmly attached to the bone. He used to do hip replacements primarily but became a trama surgeon putting people's pelvis...
  9. cstreet

    THR Cstreet on the other side

    It's been a while but I wanted to check in and give an update. I am now totally off the cane and can walk around as much as I want. It's funny now because I'll feel sore everywhere except my new hip after a long day walking around.I saw the OS today and he said everything looked great and I...
  10. cstreet

    THR NyLiz's Recovery

    Hey Liz, I've not been around lately as well and catching up. Crazy that you are on to number two already. Time flies and hopefully you are recovering well.
  11. cstreet

    THR Cstreet on the other side

    Hi Lisa, I read through your thread and it seems like we have the same thing going on. You Cardie, and I seem to be in the same boat. I am happy to report good progress with stretching out. At first my leg would just not go backways at all which freaked me out a bit at first because I...
  12. cstreet

    THR My Intro...

    Hey Cardie, Sounds like we have the same llD an original hip issue. I was 5cm before but did not get as much length as I had hoped. My muscles, tendons, nerves would not allow as much stretching. That must be really cool to get all that length in one shot!
  13. cstreet

    THR Cstreet on the other side

    Hi Cardie, The LLD adjustment is going ok. I think I ended up getting maybe 1-1.5cms back. So I'll still need the lift. In fact my lift was not covering my whole LLD. My pelvis was shifting to make up the rest of it. So now I feel lopsided but my PT said it will just take time to adjust.
  14. cstreet

    THR Cstreet on the other side

    I made it through the week of the trade show. While it was hard I ended up building up my left leg quite a bit. When I got back I ditched the crutches and have just been using the cane. I am now just past the 4 month mark. I walked about 4 blocks today pushing my 20 month old around in the...
  15. cstreet

    Number 5 has failed

    Mo, like many others I have been following this thread and am at a loss for words. I just wanted to say I'm thinking about you as well.
Back
Top Bottom