nanamac
big-cheese
- Joined
- Jun 11, 2010
- Messages
- 3,801
- Age
- 75
- Location
- Marblehead, MA
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
My new OS measures standing up and clearly my pelvis is tilted showing a little LLD. The OS that did the surgery measured lying down and insisted he measured everything on the computer and there is no LLD :DOH:!
My 3 different PT's measurds lying down and said definately that I had an LLD. WHen I am not in pain, like when I was on Prednisone this summer, I do not limp at all. When I am in pain as I am now, I definately limp!
All I know is that anytime I have tried to us my little lift (sorry, I think it is 1/4 inch, but not sure) I have TERRIBLE back/side pain. In fact I didn't make the connection at first as to why I was having back problems. You see, I had back problems for years prior to the THR.
I finally stopped using the lift and my back/side pain issues went away, but it did take a few weeks to return to normal. I would say stop using the lift and see if the back issues don't resolve themselves.
You are still early on at 4 months. Just let things settle in for a while longer and see if your back doesn't settle down as well. Healing goes on for up to a year you know...
Let me know if it helps to stop using it.
My 3 different PT's measurds lying down and said definately that I had an LLD. WHen I am not in pain, like when I was on Prednisone this summer, I do not limp at all. When I am in pain as I am now, I definately limp!
All I know is that anytime I have tried to us my little lift (sorry, I think it is 1/4 inch, but not sure) I have TERRIBLE back/side pain. In fact I didn't make the connection at first as to why I was having back problems. You see, I had back problems for years prior to the THR.
I finally stopped using the lift and my back/side pain issues went away, but it did take a few weeks to return to normal. I would say stop using the lift and see if the back issues don't resolve themselves.
You are still early on at 4 months. Just let things settle in for a while longer and see if your back doesn't settle down as well. Healing goes on for up to a year you know...
Let me know if it helps to stop using it.
Just don't know how that is possible but it is my good side and I've had no problems with it, thank goodness! I also had LLD after the first 4 surgeries on my operative side, it was very close to being 2 inches shorter. However, that was taken care of during my recent revision. Now since the recent surgery that leg feels strange like it's longer which it may be a hair longer but not enough to cause any future problems, and I know nothing has had time to settle in yet being 10 days post op.