Guest viewing is limited

Number 5 has failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mo....your in my thoughts and prayers this evening & of course tomorrow as well (((((Big Hugs)))))
 
Been thinking about you all day, Mo. Wondering how it's going.
 
Me too, Mo....looking forward to hearing from you.
 
Likewise. Praying for a good end result. (((HUGS))):prayer1::prayer1::prayer1:...
 
Mo, like many others I have been following this thread and am at a loss for words. I just wanted to say I'm thinking about you as well.
 
Hi Mo,
have just come onto the forum after a few days away from the computer & found your post. What awful bad luck you've had with your hip, but this is the place to rant & rave & get things off your chest. :hairpulling:
As no doubt you're aware there's an abundance of support waiting for you when you feel well enough to come online again - by now you'll be 24 hours post op & hopefully things have gone well & you can feel more optimistic about the future. :thumb:

Wishing you all the best & looking forward to an update soon :flowerysmile:
 
Hi Mo,
Just checking in to see if there are any updates. Hope you are doing well and that the procedure was successful.

Anyone heard from Mo to know how she is doing?

Take care,
Cardie
 
Mo hasn't been back to BoneSmart since October 25th. Mo....when you do come back to BoneSmart, please do post and let us know how you're doing.
 
Like everyone else on Bonesmart, I've thought about you often since your surgery, and hope your doing alright.
 
Heya all,
Thanks for all the support. I've been hibernating more than anything else.
The deed is done and the joint is gone. For the first time in 30 years I don't have an artificial left hip...it is strange. Big challenge now is getting the infection under control; back on a PICC line for 8 weeks for the twice daily IV antibiotic treatment. Hopefully that will clear it all up...but I've sort of let go of the expectation thing.
I'll write more tomorrow. To those of you that have been expressing such kind concern--thank you. This site is filled with amazingly strong and caring people.
Hope all are well,
Mo
 
Hello Mo, thanks for checking in here again. Yes we were all concerned about you.

Now you have more challenges to face. We are all rooting for you. Hang in there and do stop by when you feel up to it.

Take care Mo!
 
Mo, I hope your infection will be under control. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
 
Mo, I am brand new here and have not even posted an introduction yet, but I wanted to ask if you already have or suggest a consult with the Ortho dept at Massachusetts General Hospital? I had a "unique" THR done on a radiated and partially removed bone and they have always treated me with compassion during the last 7 years I have been their patient. I will post my full history as soon as I can. Last month, 5 years after my THR, I developed a staph infection (most likely acquired through an open cut but we aren't sure). I am currently recovering from the I & D which was my third surgery since 2004 in the pelvic and hip region. It will be a long time before I know if this infection is going to stay away but so far only trust the surgeons at MGH.

I am so sorry for what you are going through. My own situation has made me feel very alone and down. Trying to stay positive with so much uncertainty ahead of me.

PS - I, too, had surprise twins 3 years after my THR. They are now 2.5.
 
Hi Mo,

Good to hear from you, thanks for checking in. I sure hope the PICC line and medications will wipe out the infection. Write when you feel like it and as Jaycey said -- we are all rooting for you!! :console:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Glad to hear from you, mo. Thoughts, prayers, and hugs headed your way :friends: Take care of yourself and know that you are not alone.
 
Thanks for the update, Mo. I'm sending you ((((HUGS)))) and a big basket of good thoughts to help get you through this period.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom